Friedman: Various thoughts on Domi, Leafs, and Tampa

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He’s pretty solid. One of our better defenders actually, probably 2nd behind Dumo this year (Letang had a down year)

If I had scouts to confirm that (like a Steve Yzerman, say), I'd probably make the deal.

Schultz only has two years left on his deal and I think we’re looking for a longer term solution. We’re actually fine at RD next season (though an upgrade on Girardi would certainly not be unwelcome) - it’s the following year when Stralman and Girardi (as well as McDonagh and Coburn on the left) will have had their deals expire

Also since we’re going to be bringing up a number of defensive prospects over the next few years I suspect that we’d rather whoever we bring in be stronger defensively and capable of babysitting a younger d-man. Schultz doesn’t really fit that description.

Miller has no years on his contract and is going to require a big contract. It's not like we struggle to lock guys up. Why not grab a guy with two years on his contract and then see what we have next year to help make decisions on whom to keep?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->