Friedman: Various thoughts on Domi, Leafs, and Tampa

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
23. Pittsburgh has shown legit interest in Max Domi – there’s a long history between Tie Domi and Mario Lemieux. Toronto is looking for a third-line centre, Tampa Bay a right-shot defenceman. I’m curious to see what the Rangers do with Vladislav Namestnikov. He’s arbitration eligible, and the numbers are very good.

Any guesses for what the return for Domi would be? Maatta?

Leafs could use a 3C like Spooner??

Karlsson to Tampa would be the player I'm thinking of here, or Mike Green?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
On Domi, I'm curious to see what the Penguins would actually offer for him. The logical name is Sprong, since the Penguins are deep on RW, Sprong is probably pretty valuable and Sullivan doesn't seem to be that fond of Sprong. I think I read that Arizona would like to get a goal scoring RWer, and Sprong is certainly that. It's just a question of what else the Penguins have to add on top of Sprong for Domi, and whether the Penguins need to move out any salary to make it work. I do think the base makes sense, though.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I wanna keep Spooner in NY. He looked fantastic for us after we got him in the Nash trade. Namestnikov im not a fan of, think it was stupid as hell trading Miller in the Mcdonagh trade. Think we could have gotten more value for him if we traded him by himself.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
For Tampa I'd be looking at Faulk, Severson, Barrie or Honka. I see Colorado, NJ, Dallas looking for top 6 help and we have Johnson or Miller. Faulk seems to be on the block too.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Not sure which 3C the leafs would go for if they don't get Tavares. Maybe Big Joe if they can convince him to come for a 1 year deal but not sure if he would leave San Jose. Marleau would be a factor in bringing him in if it happened

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Not sure which 3C the leafs would go for if they don't get Tavares. Maybe Big Joe if they can convince him to come for a 1 year deal but not sure if he would leave San Jose. Marleau would be a factor in bringing him in if it happened

There is always the trade route

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It was reported that the Leafs tried to sign Thornton last year when he was a UFA.

Also with Lamoriello gone Thornton would not have to shave off his beard.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Perhaps but this team is at a point where I don't want question marks in the lineup if it can be avoided.

I would rather sign Jay Baegle or Rielly Nash
Pay $2.5M for a centre that'll play 8 minutes a game?

No thanks.

If we get Tavares, our 4th line centre should be at $1M or less.

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad