Vapor XX sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
I've been seeing some of the OSU Mens Hockey team members using these sticks in games, and for the life of me i've never seen such an imbalanced ratio of broken sticks with the Vapor XX sticks are in-use on the ice. I went to one game and four different times a Vapor XX broke while a player was using one.

Is this just a random fluke or has anyone had a bad story to tell about these sticks?

IkeaMonkey*

High Performance. Low Durability. Just like any overpriced OPS. The kids should be happy they get to blow through them like water.

Magnus Fulgur

Nov 27, 2002
I watched the BC mens team this week, about a third of their players use them and none of them broke.

Then again, they're a twisted-wrister happy team...no wonder they're #1 (slapshots are soooooooooo Bobby Hull).

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
I've had three. All Lindros patterns. One lasted me from February to August and the other two both have developed small weird looking cracks/holes in the breakage point or the fuse point. Both got it within 3 weeks of buying them and I'm never going to buy a XX again.

BTW, is the Easton Synergy SL out yet because I heard it's much better durability wise and also, how is the XXX's durability??

IkeaMonkey*

wickedbsfan said:
I watched the BC mens team this week, about a third of their players use them and none of them broke.

Then again, they're a twisted-wrister happy team...no wonder they're #1 (slapshots are soooooooooo Bobby Hull).

Yea, overall they arent a bad stick. I use them in fact.It should come as absolutely no suprise if they break rapidly though.

IkeaMonkey*

PanthersRule said:
BTW, is the Easton Synergy SL out yet because I heard it's much better durability wise and also, how is the XXX's durability??

March.I think you mean the ST is alot better durability wise though.

Cant comment on the XXX.I wouldnt touch a "real" OPS.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
DynamoAO said:
March.I think you mean the ST is alot better durability wise though.

Cant comment on the XXX.I wouldnt touch a "real" OPS.
I mean ST better than SL durability wise, but SL a very durable stick supposedly with this CNT (Carbon Nanotube Technology). It makes sense that it would be stronger as Wilson uses that in their NCode series tennis racquets that one of my friend has and I've hit with it and it is an extremely solid feeling. I think it would benefit with the Synergy sticks. Only problem is I think the Modano curve is probably going to be gone from Easton as he's with RBK now, but the Gaborik curve is like the same thing aside from the lie.

hockeystud938

Feb 21, 2005
i have a vapor XX and i love it so far it is holding up better than the synergy that i had before it i really like it and would reomened it to anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->