Vanek scoring leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

HF_Rangers

Jan 16, 2004
Winston-Salem, NC
Vanek's gonna be a superstar with the Sabres, he's one of the best things for Austrian hockey right now. Knowing that his parents are Czech, is he fluent in German?

TVanek26*

If he scores like this in the NHL,he may be an allright pick :)

TVanek26*

The Austrian said:
both with 7 points after 3 games.

Not bad considering Rucinsky is an NHL player and according to other people Vanek is a "bust".

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wasn't there a lot of talk about Vanek at the WJCs because he was virtually invisible?

TVanek26*

Jacobv2 said:
Wasn't there a lot of talk about Vanek at the WJCs because he was virtually invisible?

Yep...because certain people wouldn't allude to the fact that no one could play with Vanek skill wise on his team.

And ruckus,I never said Vanek was going to be a bust,I just said that it was the general consensus.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Vanek scored 3 goals and had 1 assist in WJC on a total of 5 goals scored by team austria in the tournament :cry:

The team sent there was subpar skillwise and could in no way shape or form compete with the rest. Our youth work is tender but at that age we are still two steps behind.

His father is from czech rep, his mother is from slovakia and he was born in austria. The family moved to Austria 2 years before he was born and he lieved here 14 years. As far as I know he is fluently speaking german, czech and english.

Giggiewithit35

Jun 15, 2003
Buffalo,New York
popperBOLT said:
ya, but he has been pretty good

I agree here. If Vanek keeps it up, he can show that he can do well in the NHL in his rookie year. And to be a leading scorer with not that much talent on his team is quite an achievement.

sparkplug

Apr 30, 2004
Vancouver BC
I can't believe Martin "I can't hit the net" Ruccinsky is actually tied for the tournament lead. Is this the same guy that missed two EN chancse on the same play a month or so ago?

hockey111

May 14, 2003
Visit site
Vanek actually has other players that can match the level of his offensive play on his team this time...it is a given that he will produce like this.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Is that just my feeling or is Vanek quite a bit overweight. I think he could add quite a bit more to his game if he would be in proper shape.

Safir*

EHCler said:
Is that just my feeling or is Vanek quite a bit overweight. I think he could add quite a bit more to his game if he would be in proper shape.

Apparently coach Zach also pointed towards this issue, prior to yesterdays game.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
i think his whole posture and gate make him look big and slow out there. I know with the gohs he takes a lot of extra shifts and is always able to go full go on a break or when he has the puck. I am not sure how much of it is useless weight or if it his body type. He could lose a few but his speed and stamina with the puck has never been a question. And we play on olympic ice, so he is doing it on a big surface too. But we do play only twice a week-end too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->