njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Except it is.

"Better off".

Ok.
thumbsup.gif

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Random question: what are the rules on putting someone on LTIR retroactively? Do you need to wait for them to miss 10 games first? I am thinking more about Kronner than Vanek here.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
This is depressing. We get someone dynamic and capable of play making and he gets hurt. :shakehead

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Pumped to see baby Bert in action, but kinda annoyed that they can't call up Mantha because of how the cap was managed.

But anyways, hopefully he can score some dirty goals and bring some energy to the forecheck. And hopefully Blash gives him more than 6 min a night.

edit: oh, looks like they have the cap space to bring up Mantha after all then I guess? Well then, that's an interesting choice...

Last edited:

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
ridiculous with this mediocre roster that they don't have cap space to even call up someone

As I said in another thread, it takes some special kind of idiot GM to have a below average roster, while being so high against the cap.

And I wouldn't call this roster mediocre. We have the worst top line in the league, the worst 4th line in the league and the worst defense in the league. Hardly a mediocre roster.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
As I said in another thread, it takes some special kind of idiot GM to have a below average roster, while being so high against the cap.

And I wouldn't call this roster mediocre. We have the worst top line in the league, the worst 4th line in the league and the worst defense in the league. Hardly a mediocre roster.

We do not have the worst top line in the league. Arizona and Carolina do by a big gap.

We have the worst top pairing in hockey IMO... Our 4th line hopefully gets shuffled soon.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
We do not have the worst top line in the league. Arizona and Carolina do by a big gap.

We have the worst top pairing in hockey IMO... Our 4th line hopefully gets shuffled soon.

Well I won't argue with you, because if we're the third worst top line in the league, that isn't saying much either. What other team would have this version of Zetterberg centering its top line? He's slow, old and can't score goals.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016

Meh, I'm not fully up on Carolina's usage, but Skinner and Rask have been better than their DRW counter parts, Skinner by a relatively wide margin. And Arizona is a young team; while they're certainly worse, there's at least a good reason for it. We're just not very talented.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Meh, I'm not fully up on Carolina's usage, but Skinner and Rask have been better than their DRW counter parts, Skinner by a relatively wide margin. And Arizona is a young team; while they're certainly worse, there's at least a good reason for it. We're just not very talented.

Did not realize they both have had this hot of a start, tbh.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Those are just buzzwords considering the team has been offensively struggling since Vanek has been out.

My point was this team has clearly lacked intensity their last few games. Bertuzzi helps address this. Besides, Tenacity is a demonstrable attribute, not a "buzzword."

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
My point was this team has clearly lacked intensity their last few games. Bertuzzi helps address this. Besides, Tenacity is a demonstrable attribute, not a "buzzword."

And my point is using a word like "tenacity" which isn't even quantifiable as a reason to bring up a kid to a team with an offense problem is silly.

As a hockey player Mantha is flat-out better and a better option if we actually want to try and replace the offensive production lost with the Vanek injury.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Fire and tenacity are kind of ambiguous terms, I'd agree. But this team has struggled with board battles, and consistency on the forecheck. I do think Bertuzzi can help in both of those areas.

But even in saying that, Mantha is still a better choice for a call-up.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'm sure we can get a 7th for Smith from a team hurting on the backend. If they're scared about depth they have Russo, Jensen or even Lashoff down in GR that can be the 8th/emergency defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad