Vey Bonino Virtanen
Gaunce Lain Matthias

Hamhuis Tanev
Edler Corrado
Stanton Sbisa
Hutton

Lack
Miller

Actually if reports from HW are true that Lucic wants to finish his career as a Canuck since Benning is now in charge, 2016 could like look this:

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic
Virtanen - Vey - Kassian
xxxxx - Horvat - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - Dorsett

Edler - Corrado
Hamhuis - Tanev
Sbisa - Bieksa

Lack
Miller

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Actually if reports from HW are true that Lucic wants to finish his career as a Canuck since Benning is now in charge, 2016 could like look this:

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic
Virtanen - Vey - Kassian
xxxxx - Horvat - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - Dorsett

Edler - Corrado
Hamhuis - Tanev
Sbisa - Bieksa

Lack
Miller

Can we find her stuff on twitter, or...

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I don't like the odds of having a good year with a couple of 36 year olds on the top line.
Honestly, the timing of our rebuild isn't great-- When the Sedins fall off/retire, it's unlikely anyone wil be ready to step up and soften the blow. We'll likely be in even worst shape (in terms of competing those years) than we are now for a few years at that point.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Honestly, the timing of our rebuild isn't great-- When the Sedins fall off/retire, it's unlikely anyone wil be ready to step up and soften the blow. We'll likely be in even worst shape (in terms of competing those years) than we are now for a few years at that point.

It'll probably look something like what happened with Colorado. When Sakic and Roy moved on, they weren't left with a whole lot until now.

Alflives*

Where do you project us in the coming drafts?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

I don't really see what's so "bad" about that timing. Obviously the team will likely be bad at that point, as the Sedins and most of our defence corps move on without real replacement...but that's exactly how you get those much coveted around here, "lottery picks" to start fresh with a real "rebuild". That happens when you don't have anyone in the organization to step up and take on the most "key roles".

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I don't really see what's so "bad" about that timing. Obviously the team will likely be bad at that point, as the Sedins and most of our defence corps move on without real replacement...but that's exactly how you get those much coveted around here, "lottery picks" to start fresh with a real "rebuild". That happens when you don't have anyone in the organization to step up and take on the most "key roles".
I'm just not sure how well those those lottery picks line up with our current (very good) prospect group in terms of all being good at the right time. I suppose if the lottery pick is so good that he steps right into the lineup, then it'll all work out.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic
Virtanen - Vey - Kassian
xxxxx - Horvat - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - Dorsett

Edler - Corrado
Hamhuis - Tanev
Sbisa - Bieksa

Lack
Miller

don't forget Ladd and Seabrook

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Would still rather see Vey at the 2C spot and Bonino on his LW.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Bonino-Vey-Kassian
Higgins-Horvat-Burrows
Matthias-Richardson-Hansen
Dorsett/Sestito

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Sbisa-Weber
Stanton

Miller
Lack

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
any chance burrows plays with the sedins again? seems like last year was just a down year for him

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic
Virtanen - Vey - Kassian
xxxxx - Horvat - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - Dorsett

Edler - Corrado
Hamhuis - Tanev
Sbisa - Bieksa

Lack
Miller

Just like Sakic, right.

I don't think he has any remote inclination to play in Vancouver. GF from Boston, gets treated like crap when he's here, fans don't like him ..

:shakehead

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam

I think if you look at how this team was built in the first place, it's not as big of a worry as you've made it. The Canucks have been drafting better lately, so I don't expect us to be in a worse spot because of it.

Free agency and trades are also a large party of building a team and it's at least enough to get the Canucks in competitive shape as we were before.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think if you look at how this team was built in the first place, it's not as big of a worry as you've made it. The Canucks have been drafting better lately, so I don't expect us to be in a worse spot because of it.

Free agency and trades are also a large party of building a team and it's at least enough to get the Canucks in competitive shape as we were before.
I like our prospects, but my point is more that they probably won't be good enough to take over yet in three short years. I'd be surprised if you could cobble together enough via free agency to make up the difference.

I think the current team you're looking at (that so many are predicting to finish around 20th) is likely to be a better team who finishes higher in the standings than what happens in the Sedin transition years.

That's barring a trainwreck season this upcoming year if we end up picking high enough to get a legitimate star.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Burrows sedin vrbata
sedin bonino kassian
matthias horvat vey
higgins gaunce jensen
richardson dorsett

Edler corrado
hamhuis tanev
sbisa bieksa