Sportsnet: Vancouver willing to trade Chris Tanev

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Tanev wont get moved with this update. Lock this up and re open it the week prior to the draft.

Dont recall a player getting dealt at the TDL when he was injured for 3-4 weeks.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Isnt Tanev still pretty young and on a decent contract? Seems like he should be kept to help rebuild/retweak in Vancouver, no?

I'll admit that I dont follow them too much though so I might be wrong.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
tanev=stay away. This guy can’t stay healthy. It’s always something. Poor Tanev. poor Canucks can’t trade him now.
This thread was literally started because multiple team are calling to acquire him...including the Leafs.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I'd be interested if we could dump Martin in there. Absolutely no chance Liljegren/Dermott are in any deal but there is a deal to be made with other assets. Doesn't make sense for a team barely opening their window up to move guys that can contribute for 10-15 years. Tanev with how much time he misses could be beaten down by the time they are 25.
Dont't be surprised we see 1st + 2nd for Tanev and Martin + 3rd for Leafs' 2nd back (in the summer).

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I thought it started due reports out of Vancouver or using Vancouver sources saying THEY were willing to trade him

Teams were inquiring about his availability and they were told, it would take a "special package" to move him but they'd listen.

But with the recent reports that Tanev could be out an additional 3-4 weeks, looks like he'll most likely be sticking around in Vancouver for the rest of the season.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I thought it started due reports out of Vancouver or using Vancouver sources saying THEY were willing to trade him
Ah, I may have been referencing last week's thread about multiple teams calling on him -- point remains, regardless of what Vancouver does, the league is interested.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Reactions: JuniorNelson

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
I don't think there was any real chance he was gonna get traded at the deadline anyways so no real news here. From the beginning the ask was "special" which means they weren't considering unless a massive over payment. Now I do agree at the draft its a better chance , especially if we fluke out and get the 1st ov. Outside of that were just arguing for nothing lol

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Canucks' Chris Tanev out 3-4 more weeks with fractured leg - Sportsnet.ca

Canucks’ Chris Tanev out 3-4 more weeks with fractured leg

That basically kills any real interest from teams, in a deadline deal with Tanev.
lock-up-logo-300x300.png

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Wow, day to day and out a week turned into a fractured leg. Crazy. Too many injuries to feel comfortable acquiring him for significant assets. The diversity and consistency of his injuries reminds me so much of Lupul.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Wow, day to day and out a week turned into a fractured leg. Crazy. Too many injuries to feel comfortable acquiring him for significant assets. The diversity and consistency of his injuries reminds me so much of Lupul.

Canucks were hoping it was a bruise but I guess swelling went down and further checking revealed a slight fracture.

This thread is all but dead, teams going for additions at deadline wont be looking at Tanev now even though he would be back before the end of the regular season.

Start the Tanev rumours back up in June at the Draft

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
This had become absolutely hilarious or sad. Haven't decided yet. I can't thunk of another guy who's constantly injured. He needs to drink more milk. Broken teeth and bones. This guy lol

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Makes 0 sense to.trade Tanev now anyways.

Wait till summer. Canucks will have have way more suitors than at the trade deadline. Only playoff teams would be interested now.

Also come draft day the canucks can have a concrete value on what position a draft pick would be that they are recieving.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
This had become absolutely hilarious or sad. Haven't decided yet. I can't thunk of another guy who's constantly injured. He needs to drink more milk. Broken teeth and bones. This guy lol

so a frozen hockey puck deflecting off a stick right into a maple leafs mouth would have ended in the puck exploding and 0 damage to the player right?

That injury is flat out bad luck nothing about the amount of milk the guy drinks.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
With Gudbranson locked in for the next three years, I imagine he’s completely available now. :sarcasm:

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
What a surprise... hurt again. I feel bad for the guy but everyone has said he is injury prone and this proves that even more.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
so a frozen hockey puck deflecting off a stick right into a maple leafs mouth would have ended in the puck exploding and 0 damage to the player right?

That injury is flat out bad luck nothing about the amount of milk the guy drinks.
Someone is sensitive. You really think my suggestion for him is to drink milk. Did I really need to add:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->