Post-Game Talk: Vancouver will pick 5th in the 2017 NHL Draft | Pt 2

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
If the Canucks draft Vilardi who here is going to be the one pushing the theory that he was only drafted due to his Italian heritage? :laugh:

Well if Glass is gone by 5 you HAVE TO take Vilardi

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Personally I hope they take Glass this year and Foote in 2019.

In the 2022 SCF we'll be seeing the dreaded Glass Foote combination.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
So this week's strip takes it pretty easy on the GM, and instead is more an expression of the communal frustration/angst among us. As always, click to enlarge:

:handclap:

Your creativity leaves me speechless sometimes.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
This years draft has a really solid 4th-10th prospect pool. Im happy Benning gets to make his pick from that pool early.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Well if Glass is gone by 5 you HAVE TO take Vilardi

I'd be surprised if the Canucks took Glass....their record of drafting from the WHL has nothing short of dismal....other than Linden and Smyl, have they ever drafted an impact player from the WHL?...Oops...almost forgot about Cam Neely, but they dealt him before he amounted to anything.

Mittelstadt and Vilardi seem like far safer picks if they're still on the board at #5...for whatever reason the Canucks just seem to do better with picks from the OHL and USHL.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Personally I hope they take Glass this year and Foote in 2019.

In the 2022 SCF we'll be seeing the dreaded Glass Foote combination.

Id take Glass just cause is the best prospect at thar ppint

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
So this week's strip takes it pretty easy on the GM, and instead is more an expression of the communal frustration/angst among us. As always, click to enlarge:

Great stuff! Do the Gods names have any special meaning?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Great stuff! Do the Gods names have any special meaning?
They are literal translations (into Icelandic, as the closest to Old Norse) of what the god is in charge of (the last two – the bearded guy with the stick and the Egyptian bird-goddess – I gave names to, but they were never used out loud):

C_FW30rW0AAvQzJ.jpg

So those are, respectively: the leader; special teams; officiating; health and injuries; expansion and relocation; transactions; and bounces.

People seemed to like them, so I may bring these dudes back from time to time as supporting characters.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
They are literal translations (into Icelandic, as the closest to Old Norse) of what the god is in charge of (the last two – the bearded guy with the stick and the Egyptian bird-goddess – I gave names to, but they were never used out loud):

C_FW30rW0AAvQzJ.jpg

So those are, respectively: the leader; special teams; officiating; health and injuries; expansion and relocation; transactions; and bounces.

People seemed to like them, so I may bring these dudes back from time to time as supporting characters.

Looks like you're missing a key reference to the God of the Underworld - aka the hockey market below Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->