Value of: Vancouver to move from 2 to 1

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Depends on the team that gets #1.
If they don't have a #1C it will cost more than you're willing to trade
Yup plus Kakko may end up first. As for Canuck needs, they need wingers period. Gaudette is going to be better then a 3rd liner just like Kesler was. You add Jack. Either you add him to Horvat's wing or move Horvat to acquire Jack. Having Petey Hughes Bo Gaudette Plus others like Madden who might be what we though Kesler was going to be one better hard to say. Then you look at our wingers. Without Sven, it becomes even more obvious how much more a guy like Kakko is needed. My only reservation is passing on one of the Canadians like Byrum or Couzins or some of the other Americans like Turcotte etc. Because I don't have a lot of faith in Finnish forwards. besides Miko. I don't want a laine or Jesse type player. Who seem to do well and for different reasons fade away. Potzev is intriguing. I think that they should throw a ton of money at stone, Ek if available. According to PNHLe The Nucks have 3 out of the top ranked 30 whos numbers translate into them playing in the NHL next year. Hughes is first on that list by a long shot. Woo and OJ are both top 15. This is an extremely reliable gauge of where these prospects are and if their game will translate. Funny Lily never cracked the list, but Sandin did.

I personally would take Jack if he was available and was willing to convert to a winger. Something that has been talked about Or id trade up for Byrum or one of the other center wingers. This all based on id Kakko goes first. which is doubtful but thanks to EP and Gaudette. our best strength is down the middle. Either way, I trust JB, One guy, to keep an eye on I think he is ranked near the mid-20s is one of the 2 Swedish dmen in the 1st. I wanna say, Borgstrom, Not the other one ranked in the top 15. He is doing amazing as a 17-year-old in the SHL and is a RHD offensive dman. We need to move Tanev our only play to get another pick in the first combine that with being aggressive in July. This team with guys like Dahlen making the jump next year plus a much improved D. And possibly 2 very good tenders. Its time to close the door on the rebuild.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Oilers are probably the only realistic team that can win the lottery and not need Hughes as they already have 3 centers. Ironically, they'd probably want the brother as they need Dmen.
If a team doesn't need forward help, they would comfortably drop back to #3 or #4. Byram won't go ahead of Hughes/Kakko. In this scenario the team with the 3OA team might be motivated to pay the higher price for 1OA.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
No we need forwards a lot more than defenseman, our forward core is the worst in the league even with McDavid + Draisaitl + RNH having great seasons.
Hughes would fit nicely on the wing.

Hate to break it to you, but if the Oilers had better defenseman they'd get by with the offense their forwards provide.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Hate to break it to you, but if the Oilers had better defenseman they'd get by with the offense their forwards provide.

Lol we have like 8 AHL Calibre forwards on our team dude. You could add Burns, Karlsson, Hedman and Giordano and our forwards would still struggle to score.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Lol we have like 8 AHL Calibre forwards on our team dude. You could add Burns, Karlsson, Hedman and Giordano and our forwards would still struggle to score.
Edmonton is scoring 2.77 goals per game and allowing 3.33. If they cut goals against to 2.33 with a better defense, then they will win a lot more games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->