Value of: Vancouver to move from 2 to 1

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
This is extremely situational. It depends on the team and needs. A certain team may be more inclined to take Kakko over Hughes and we may not need to move up.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Vancouver gets lucky and ends up with number 2 overall. What do they give up to move to 1 to have have both Hughes brothers?
They don’t. Kakko fills a huge need if they get lucky in the lottery. They don’t have the depth to make the move.

Plus the added size he beings over Hughes is something that the Canucks could use.

And who’s to say that the other team isn’t in a better situation to unite the Hughes brother by trading for Quinn? They may have the assets to do a deal, though I don’t see many that could aside from Colorado who could move Makar.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
1999 draft set the price for moving from #2 to #1. Canucks promise not to draft either Sedin with the pick in exchange for moving to #1.

Reactions: Elias GOATtersson

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Vancouver gets lucky and ends up with number 2 overall. What do they give up to move to 1 to have have both Hughes brothers?

Canucks can use Kakko. Hughes and Kakko are no different on potential. Yes one plays center. But Kakko Is projected to be a better Jeff Skinner x2. This trade makes absolutely no sense for one spot swap.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Canucks could use Hughes, kaako, byram, boldy... I mean we could use most players in the first round! Until they actually get a top pick I wouldn’t sweat those hypotheticals.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Oilers are probably the only realistic team that can win the lottery and not need Hughes as they already have 3 centers. Ironically, they'd probably want the brother as they need Dmen.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
It would likely be too expensive for it to be worth it. They'd have to make it worth that teams while, so likely their 2nd or someone like Demko.

The players are close but swapping off of that pick would be costly.

Danvalanche

Feb 13, 2019
They don’t. Kakko fills a huge need if they get lucky in the lottery. They don’t have the depth to make the move.

Plus the added size he beings over Hughes is something that the Canucks could use.

And who’s to say that the other team isn’t in a better situation to unite the Hughes brother by trading for Quinn? They may have the assets to do a deal, though I don’t see many that could aside from Colorado who could move Makar.
Colorado wouldn’t trade Makar. I think it’s fair to say 90% of teams are gunning for Hughes.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Yes Skinner plays the left side. So? before you flame me. Look at Kakko. His comparisons are correct via media.

Dynamic winger regardless of position. Has the knack of goal scoring just like Jeff Skinner.

Canucks won’t move its pick drafting the most dynamic winger in the entire draft. Kakko made Finland relevant in the entire World Juniors.

Canucks would be silly to draft Hughes at the asking price.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I would think there is zero chance the Canucks spend picks or players to move up a pick. The player at 2 could end up the better player in a few years no matter who is picked first.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I would think there is zero chance the Canucks spend picks or players to move up a pick. The player at 2 could end up the better player in a few years no matter who is picked first.

You under estimate Kakko. He’s a generational talent. He makes GMs salivate at the thought on the first line.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We have centers. Yes Hughes could be better then Pettersson, Gaudette, Horvat, etc., but Kakko isn't exactly a redundant asset. Adding Kakko or Byram or someone in the top 5 and a UFA or two, and we don't look as bad as we have been the last few years.

Plus the odds of us winning any top 3 pick are remote, so best not to lose sleep over it.

Reactions: Groo

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Oilers are probably the only realistic team that can win the lottery and not need Hughes as they already have 3 centers. Ironically, they'd probably want the brother as they need Dmen.

No we need forwards a lot more than defenseman, our forward core is the worst in the league even with McDavid + Draisaitl + RNH having great seasons.
Hughes would fit nicely on the wing.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I haven't seen enough of either and neither live but I'm leaning towards Kakko.
Also, I am against uniting brothers. I don't see where any good can come of it and there is the possibility that a move with one could upset the other.

I would sit tight at 2.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad