OT: Vancouver Titans | Overwatch ESports League

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
@Rowlet do you think Stitch could be a top tier hitscan player? I think he’s shown high end ability, but I question the consistency aspect.

SMS seems to have a funky hero pool. I never followed him pre OWL. Top 3 Zarya in GOATS, very good Reaper player, weird Mccree player. Disappointing on Hanzo (I think he was tried there along with Hooreg and Stitch) Interested to see what is next for him in whatever meta we end up with.

Stitch is usually better at flanking heroes like Tracer and Sombra, but he does have great aim, i think if he grinds widow all off season he could be pretty good, dont know about truly elite though

Reactions: Indiana and Pip

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Interesting first day with a lot of variety so far. Seems like Mei/McCree is really strong from the NYXL/London game. Haksal has a strong Mei, but I question the McCree of Stitch/Seominsoo. D.Va coming back in the meta is huge though with Jjanu being one of the best in the league. I would also say less reliance on Moira would be a positive for the Titans as I really didn’t think Twilight shined on that hero.

very interested to see how they come out.

Reactions: Indiana

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
After watching the first games including Van/LAG I have a few thoughts:

-Haksal is a beast. Loved watching him sync up with Jehong for dragonblades. I don’t expect a lot of Genji but on friendly maps always something to have in their back pocket. Haksal’s Mei is also impressive, as is his Doomfist. Clearly a top tier DPS but of course we already knew that.
-Seominsoo is a very strong reaper and Zarya player but not sure how much further his hero pool extends at a top level
-Stitch has his moments but to me is clearly a middle of the pack DPS player. With the importance of McCree and potentially some Widow the Titans do have a gap in their DPS that j wished they would have addressed in the off-season.
-Fissure is very good and fits perfectly with the team. Still want a backup main tank
-Jjanu very solid on his comfort D.Va hero. Got outshined by Space in this one with the bombs but I felt a lot of that was due to poor positioning on the Titans part
-Twilight is a great Ana/Zen. Don’t love his Moira.
-Slime is a fantastic Lucio/Mercy player but don’t love him on other supports.
-Jehong still a very capable support player but unfortunately has overlapping hero pools with Twilight who is just better. Wonder if he could develop a top tier Bap to compliment Twilight.
-Overall I see the Titans as still a top 5 team but it will be very competitive at the top.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Stitch with an impressive performance on Sombra. Forgot he was so strong on that hero. His McCree was outclassed by KSP.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Gotta love seeing the Shock go 0-2 this weekend. Obviously I still see them as a contender but not the dominant force they once were. They had far too many substitutions and role switches for chemistry to join.

Hopefully the Titans play next weekend. Going to be interested to see them play against the Chinese teams (and London) as I see that as the highest skill region right now or at least comparable with the West Coast.

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
Gotta love seeing the Shock go 0-2 this weekend. Obviously I still see them as a contender but not the dominant force they once were. They had far too many substitutions and role switches for chemistry to join.

Hopefully the Titans play next weekend. Going to be interested to see them play against the Chinese teams (and London) as I see that as the highest skill region right now or at least comparable with the West Coast.

yea the shock were so bad this week

west coast is very strong but the asia teams are deeper while the west coast has 2 or 3 really poopy teams, all the chinese teams are solid

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

west coast is very strong but the asia teams are deeper while the west coast has 2 or 3 really poopy teams, all the chinese teams are solid
How are these teams playing games, when all the other leagues are shut down?

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
How are these teams playing games, when all the other leagues are shut down?

the games are online! every player is playing from the safety of their homes together

there's 8+hrs of games every sat and sunday streamed live on youtube

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
the games are online! every player is playing from the safety of their homes together

there's 8+hrs of games every sat and sunday streamed live on youtube

further to this, they have separated into 3 regions that will play in amongst themselves exclusively to reduce latency issues. The 3 regions are pacific, East Coast, and Asia. Vancouver being an all Korean team have relocated back to Korea as it is safer there and will play in the Asian region for the foreseeable future, along with the London Spitfire.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

I would say that the only poor team in the west coast right now is Dallas. Even the LA Valient seem pretty decent because of KSP/KSF

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
I would say that the only poor team in the west coast right now is Dallas. Even the LA Valient seem pretty decent because of KSP/KSF

I forgot that Houston isn't a West Coast team tbh. I was a dallas fan in year one, but they've made it really hard to support them.

Reactions: Pip

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
EUdbBnbUUAED8b6

next week schedule.

Games to catch are the LAV/SFS rematch and the Chinese teams, they're all very solid.

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018

Super said on stream today he isn't even scrimming with the team. I think the Fuel would be really smart to try and buy him now after the Shock put on such an awful performance last weekend.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Super said on stream today he isn't even scrimming with the team. I think the Fuel would be really smart to try and buy him now after the Shock put on such an awful performance last weekend.
Buy out Super? The guy played really well last year.

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
Buy out Super? The guy played really well last year.

He did, but they have two very, very strong main tanks and Smurf is a better Wrecking Ball. Also, it isn't really buying out, it's more like soccer where you just sell a player to another team.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
wonder if the people who made fun of esports in the first few pages are looking for something to do now

Those people just equate sports with athleticism. While the definition of the word 'sports' has physical exertion in it, the 'e' in eSports should negate that given its meaning.

You can view eSports as either two things: a new sport with no physical exertion, or a different thing entirely. Doesn't really make a difference either way.

Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Im the same way. I don’t care at all what it is called. Watching something being done at highest competitive level is entertainment. I don’t care if it’s hockey, Overwatch or cooking. Regardless I love that I have OWL to carry me through these difficult times

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
next week is up, we're finally playing but it's obscenely early in the AM because the team went back to SK. at least we can watch the next day and it's something to do.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Definitely a tough loss but I wouldn’t read too much into it. The Titans haven’t played in quite some time and with the move back to Korea probably didn’t scrim a ton. Couple things I saw:

- Bad read on the meta. With Mei in (along with Orisa/Hog/Brig/Zen) you cant run Winston+Ball. I saw a lot of comments slamming Jjanu but he was put in an impossible situation there.
- Weird that they didn’t play Haksal considering how much Doom and Mei were played. SMS did well but he is not on Haksal’s level.
- Would have preferred the Titans to play Slime on Lucio to match the charge. I don’t think RJH got a lot done.
- Stitch’s tracer was outplayed but his Hanzo looked CLEAN. Obviously an issue with Stitch is consistency.
- Fissure looked good on Winston, not so much on Rein. Hard to evaluate main tanks since they are so team dependent

Really want to see this tomorrow:
Fissure (Orisa)
Jjanu (Sigma)
Haksal (Mei)
Stitch (Hanzo)
Twilight (Zen)
Slime (Lucio)/RJH (Moira)

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
On the other hand they are playing the Hunters so it will be a wacky game anyway. Could even see some Tracer/Genji dive...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->