OT: Vancouver Titans | Overwatch ESports League

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Only caught the last map.

Wtf was Chengdu doing there? Can someone explain the strategy?

They were trying to tele up to the sniper spot behind so they could play reverse bunker, but that's really bad, so they died

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
They were trying to tele up to the sniper spot behind so they could play reverse bunker, but that's really bad, so they died
Looked like a cluster****. Seems like teams will pull any wacky strategies to beat the Titans, which is likely in Titans' best interest. I've never seen a team so spawn camped like that in OWL so far.

Reactions: Indiana

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Looked like a cluster****. Seems like teams will pull any wacky strategies to beat the Titans, which is likely in Titans' best interest. I've never seen a team so spawn camped like that in OWL so far.

Hunters are also a very wacky team who just has no interest in playing traditional team compositions, they'd rather just play DPS heroes. In the Hunters and Titans first matchup this season, which was in stage 1, the Hunters were actually spawn camping the Titans on Route 66, then the Titans just ran past them and pushed the car while making the Hunters attack them, it was pretty awesome to see live

Also, here's the full match

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Game day today, I'll be at the watch party at the Ready Set Pwn table so come say hi if you stop by!

Reactions: TruKnyte

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
game day tomorrow bright and early on Disney XD, another win over Gladiators will put the stage back on track. A breakdown of the match here:

The Other LA Team — Ready Set Pwn

Also, more meetups announced for Rogers Arena, the stage 3 finals (jul 14) and Stage 4 against the San Francisco Shock in the last week (aug 24) as well as the season grand finals (sept 29)

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Putting Stitch in on the Sombra completely revitalized this team. jjanu’s Zarya was a significant downgrade on SMS as well as SMS’s sombra was very lacking.

Last edited:

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
they lost in the semis, but the team they lost to, lowest seed, did end up winning the stage playoffs and they beat the 3 top teams in the league. Titans fell a bit in the league rankings, but based on what we've seen, they're still a top 3 team and the upcoming stage will have some of the hardest games of the year.

Yeah we have high expectations for this team, but a 6-1 stage is great and a semifinals with a loss to the eventual winner is an adequate playoff appearance. Mostly bummed about how the Titans just got off the point and lost, it felt like things were just turning around and they probably could have beaten the Shock.

Feb 24, 2017
f***. I know nothing at all about this besides it’s a bunch of Ko-ree-ans being paid to play video games competitively. But there’s a person out there from Shanghai who has made my life so my much worse than I ever thought one person could, so Vancouver losing to Shanghai in literally anything hurts, and hurts badly.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
@Rowlet have you watched any of team Canada’s tryouts? Mouffin looks to be outplaying Note.

rn I would have the team as:

Surefour
Agilities
XQC
Mouffin
Crimzo
Bani?

Mangachu as a sub.

I also wonder if any Titans will crack the team. The DPS line is in tough, and I think they take Mano over Bumper. Jjanu has an outside shot depending on the meta. Twilight and Slime are a good of a duo as any.

My best guess is Slime only

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
@Rowlet have you watched any of team Canada’s tryouts? Mouffin looks to be outplaying Note.

rn I would have the team as:

Surefour
Agilities
XQC
Mouffin
Crimzo
Bani?

Mangachu as a sub.

I also wonder if any Titans will crack the team. The DPS line is in tough, and I think they take Mano over Bumper. Jjanu has an outside shot depending on the meta. Twilight and Slime are a good of a duo as any.

My best guess is Slime only

I've watched a lot of it, I even interviewed Mouffin! A Few Words with Mouffin: Canada’s Next Overwatch Star — Ready Set Pwn

I would do S4, xQc, Mouffin, Crimzo, Mangachu and I'm between Bani and Zholik for main support, then one of Ezire or Agilities for the last DPS spot. I see Mangachu as a better Pharah but worse Genji, but if they want the option for double sniper, Ezire is a better Hanzo than Agilities.

For team SK, someone accidentally leaked their scrim roster.

qq46kfruosb31.png

Jjanu, Bumper and Slime were in a custom lobby being spectated by Crusty, the SK head coach, ofc this is likely only one of many scrim blocks the SK team did.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Lmao so Aquilini totally broke an nda tweeting about home games however many months back

Yeah but that's not surprising, pro Overwatch is leak city. Not only did everybody know that 2-2-2 role lock rule change was coming but Blizzard accidentally posted their own announcement video several days early. Then, the next day they accidentally posted a picture of the new hero Sigma on the Spanish version of their website.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
a new rule was changed for stage 4, every team has to play 2 tanks, 2 dps and 2 supports, so we're gonna see a lot more flanking plays and snipers from the Titans today! We'll probably see Pharah, Genji, and Tracer played today for the Titans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad