Vancouver Sports Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
That’s nothing I have heard.

When I have listened to them, they have critiqued the "no plan, plan". They have criticized Benning's contract work and his trading.

Again, I highly suspect that they have adopted a persona to differentiate themselves as well as to create some polarity within TSN radio. Reminds me a lot of what Pratt tried to do.

Reactions: lindgren

member 290103

When I have listened to them, they have critiqued the "no plan, plan". They have criticized Benning's contract work and his trading.

Again, I highly suspect that they have adopted a persona to differentiate themselves as well as to create some polarity within TSN radio. Reminds me a lot of what Pratt tried to do.

If that’s what they are doing, it’s stupid. I honestly do t think either hold much interest in sports as the usual talk radio hosts do. Don in particular is more interested in talking about his favourite food, hacking on his producer or discussing entertainment news. He seems completely disconnected from the reality of where this team is at. Maybe it’s his age, but he’s taken over as the new worst 1040 host...after Pratt left.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Man, Sekeres went HARD on Benning & Greens comments. Its that "Welcome Matt" shtick to open the show.
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/sekeres-price-april-8-hour-1-1.1287331
I cant stand Sekeres,but I dont have a problem with his criticism of management...You cant have everybody in the media towing the same party line, or being unable to speak out (some of them out of repercussions from the team)..I dont agree with all that MS had to say, but some of it was fair game (wasting 2 years on 'retool on the fly).

As a sidenote,Benning has never complained about the media...Gillis,Burke and Quinn were all very prickly about about criticisms and the team..Burke had gallagher banished from the dressing room,Gillis had Larscheid muzzled, basically forcing him into retirement.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I cant stand Sekeres,but I dont have a problem with his criticism of management...You cant have everybody in the media towing the same party line, or being unable to speak out (some of them out of repercussions from the team)..I dont agree with all that MS had to say, but some of it was fair game (wasting 2 years on 'retool on the fly).

As a sidenote,Benning has never complained about the media...Gillis,Burke and Quinn were all very prickly about about criticisms and the team..Burke had gallagher banished from the dressing room,Gillis had Larscheid muzzled, basically forcing him into retirement.

The last few previous general managers had it agreed to in their contract to do a guaranteed weekly spot on the rights holder radio. That stopped with Benning.

member 290103

Sekeres has far and away the most rational take on the situation that the Canucks are currently in. Gained a lot of respect for him today.

Reactions: rypper

member 290103

The last few previous general managers had it agreed to in their contract to do a guaranteed weekly spot on the rights holder radio. That stopped with Benning.

The team may have decided it was better to keep him off the radio. He has zero PR skills.

Reactions: vancityluongo

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
The team may have decided it was better to keep him off the radio. He has zero PR skills.

They should have someone better spoken fill in in his place. Nobody knows what Weisbrod does but he can formulate sentences.

Some more communication would go a long way for this management.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Was it in Linden's contract?

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
Rintoul has become another schill. Can’t say anything critical about the Canucks after 4 non playoff seasons

Yea, I agree but yesterday they were saying how the injury excuse isnt good enough and how having 4 guys who are good players is no different than almost any other team in the league.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
Has anyone else noticed that Sportsnet has a real problem with mic levels? You can clearly hear Joey Kenward, and Alex Auld, but when it goes to Corey Hirsch, the volume just drops. How can the producers not hear this. I know some comments will be about hos it's great not to hear Hirsch, but besides that, how can they let this go on?

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Was it in Linden's contract?

I can't speak to that. All I've heard was it was something every GM agreed to do, Burke, Nonis, even Gillis who didn't like talking to the media agreed to it. They dropped it with Jim.

Did Linden do weekly spots on 650? I remember him being on the radio sporadically but nothing regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad