Vancouver Sports Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 290103

Who here is Uncle Lalit on tsn1040? That guy is my favorite caller.

Yeah, he's great. f***ing asshole Jeff Patterson was a total dick with him when he was trying to pay him a compliment. I hate Jeff Patterson.....whiny bitch that is in love with himself.

member 290103

Halford and Brough are fine where they are. It’s not like we need their “Boy are we a couple of schmucks! Who gave us this job anyway?” act even earlier in the day.

They are great, imo. I mean no one is going to be perfect and I can see how that routine would wear on you, but they connect with me better than any of the other hosts. Sekeres and Price have a better show, but I'd rather hang with Halford and Brough.

Taylor's show is dreadful now, everytime I turn it on it's just Taylor and the Moj hacking on their moron producer or a series of inside jokes, non-sports material, etc. Terrible sports radio.

Feb 24, 2017
They are great, imo. I mean no one is going to be perfect and I can see how that routine would wear on you, but they connect with me better than any of the other hosts. Sekeres and Price have a better show, but I'd rather hang with Halford and Brough.

Taylor's show is dreadful now, everytime I turn it on it's just Taylor and the Moj hacking on their moron producer or a series of inside jokes, non-sports material, etc. Terrible sports radio.
I didn’t quite say it obviously, but I overall am a positive on halford and brough. But yes, I do find a bit of their act a little tired. They are doing the same stuff they were back when they really were a couple of blogger schmucks wondering who signed off on hiring them. They have since been employed by a major American network to cover hockey and now are back in their own market with a feature show.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
650 seems to be making some good changes. They got that woman and darling off the air in the morning so those are positives by subtraction.

The day time is now by far their worst. Sat can be a bit unbearable when there's no one to challenge his very opinionated narrative, and Jawn "Uh huh" Jang, adds no push back, just blindly agreeing with everything Sat says. Boring. Form your own opinion Mr Jang and bring it to the table. You said you had to work extra hard to get your position because of "white privilege", so prove you're worth it and not another diversity hire.

Auld brings in the balance to Sat and is a great hour, wish it was a bit longer.

I'm liking the new Reach Deep afternoon show. Randeep will speak his mind and not just parrot everyone else's opinion so thats nice.

And the evening show is basically when 1040 is not talking canucks.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So Bro Jake is signing off on the morning TSN drive show.....leaving Pratt and a yet to be named replacement. There go the ratings.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
For the love of god someone put Andrew out of his misery and send him back to his beloved Toronto.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
For the love of god someone put Andrew out of his misery and send him back to his beloved Toronto.

I think he’s right though... Toronto will move him to a team that has a comparable to that trade. Truth be told I want Tanev for Hughes development.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
I think he’s right though... Toronto will move him to a team that has a comparable to that trade. Truth be told I want Tanev for Hughes development.
Canucks fans should be happy if Peterrsson turns out like Nylander? Get this guy outta here. A comment like that is meant to troll and nothing else. Sportsnet thinks they can troll Canucks fans to popularity? Nope!

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
Canucks fans should be happy if Peterrsson turns out like Nylander? Get this guy outta here. A comment like that is meant to troll and nothing else. Sportsnet thinks they can troll Canucks fans to popularity? Nope!

Where in his tweet did he say that? He said that was the price. I didn’t read that at all.

Reactions: skeena1

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Where in his tweet did he say that? He said that was the price. I didn’t read that at all.
Twitter works like this
If you click on a tweet it can expand into a thread where you can find other congruent and relevant tweet responses. Check there.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

that is straight trolling. listening to the guy on the radio, he is miserable here with not enough sports content and desperate to get back to toronto.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
Twitter works like this
If you click on a tweet it can expand into a thread where you can find other congruent and relevant tweet responses. Check there.
First off, don’t speak condescendingly to me or anyone. It’s not respectful. Regarding the tweet thread, he suggested that “if” Pettersson hit a ceiling of Nylander level, which is a consistent 60+ point player, then Vancouver wins that deal.

I disagree with him, as I am convinced Pettersson is going to be a top player. I do understand his reasoning, and it isn’t trolling. That is exactly the return the leafs would ask for.

Lastly if you are going to reference an entire thread post it. Some of us don’t use our tablets for twitter. Be more respectful.

Reactions: skeena1

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
First off, don’t speak condescendingly to me or anyone. It’s not respectful.
that’s a very respectful way of saying “do your own homework”. If you have a point to make or a question to ask make a reasonable effort to look for yourself before asking me.

Regarding the tweet thread, he suggested that “if” Pettersson hit a ceiling of Nylander level, which is a consistent 60+ point player, then Vancouver wins that deal.
Nylander is a “consistent 60+ point player” now?

I disagree with him, as I am convinced Pettersson is going to be a top player. I do understand his reasoning, and it isn’t trolling. That is exactly the return the leafs would ask for.
what about the part where he calls Tanev worthless? What’s your definition of trolling?
Lastly if you are going to reference an entire thread post it. Some of us don’t use our tablets for twitter. Be more respectful.
What’s with this asking other people to do your work stuff?

member 290103

650 seems to be making some good changes. They got that woman and darling off the air in the morning so those are positives by subtraction.

The day time is now by far their worst. Sat can be a bit unbearable when there's no one to challenge his very opinionated narrative, and Jawn "Uh huh" Jang, adds no push back, just blindly agreeing with everything Sat says. Boring. Form your own opinion Mr Jang and bring it to the table. You said you had to work extra hard to get your position because of "white privilege", so prove you're worth it and not another diversity hire.

Auld brings in the balance to Sat and is a great hour, wish it was a bit longer.

I'm liking the new Reach Deep afternoon show. Randeep will speak his mind and not just parrot everyone else's opinion so thats nice.

And the evening show is basically when 1040 is not talking canucks.

Sat's problem is that they have almost no guests and take no phone calls. It's just two hours or him giving his opinion - unless Auld is there. Neither are electric enough to carry a show like that on their own - few are (other than the big boys - like Maddog, Rome, etc.)

Reactions: bobaloo88

bobaloo88

Jun 7, 2014
So Bro Jake is signing off on the morning TSN drive show.....leaving Pratt and a yet to be named replacement. There go the ratings.

I know! It's awesome! The ratings will now skyrocket upwards without blo jake blathering incomprehensibly about sports!! Not to mention his idiotic laugh ...

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I know! It's awesome! The ratings will now skyrocket upwards without blo jake blathering incomprehensibly about sports!! Not to mention his idiotic laugh ...
I would listen if they had Dave Tomlinson come on full time for the morning show. They need a hockey person.

Reactions: bobaloo88

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
He is one of the biggest dorks to ever be on the radio. So glad he doesn't do pxp for the 'Nucks any longer; he was insufferable.

He was by far the worst guy to ever call Canucks games as long as I can recall. I am 36 and realize we have been quite spoiled with the list of broadcasters who have covered this team on both TV and radio. Perhaps that small period where I recall Kevin Quinn doing games 1 year on the tube but all and all John Abbott was dreadful.

Not sure why 1040 continues to retain his services? Am I missing something here? When he is filling in, I turn the station.

Just remembered Kevin Quinn is the Oilers' current broadcaster, haha!

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Listened to SN650 this morning. Man, rick D has no feel for radio. There were multiple 10 second pauses between him saying anything.
I know it sounds crazy. It seems 1040 fills up the word spacing with some white noise. At SN650, when nobody speck, it is so quiet (dead air like) that it hurts my ear :popcorn:

megatron

Dec 11, 2016
Yeah, he's great. ****ing ******* Jeff Patterson was a total dick with him when he was trying to pay him a compliment. I hate Jeff Patterson.....whiny ***** that is in love with himself.

I happened to catch that segment and I couldn't understand it either. A caller was trying to compliment Patterson and Patterson took it the wrong way. Patterson came across as very rude while the caller was trying to remain jovial.

On another note. I fully expected to turn to 650 for my radio fix when the station was announced but it turns out I usually keep the dial at 1040. I think part of the reason is that most of the 650 crew dont even seem like true Canuck fans. EG when I listen to Walker you can tell his first passion is the Leafs and I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt even like the Canucks whereas most of the 1040 crew, love them or hate them, you can tell are very passionate about the Canucks. The authenticity comes through.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Sounds a lot like the Leafs posters here on hfboards.

Like the Oilers found out, if you are trading to acquire a specific position, RHD, the price is going to be high since very few teams have one they are willing to part with.

Nash had Jones and got Johansen for him. NJ had Larsson and got Hall for him. Anyone think STL moves Parayko without a C coming back that fills their needs?

Maybe Toronto targets Hamilton from Carolina now.

Most of these radio guys know nothing. Don't know their names, but coming home on Friday night, the guys who do the 7pm show on SN650 said, there should be offer sheets, but that teams needed to have their own draft picks. That if NYI or SJ got Tavares, they should show him that they want to win now by offer sheeting Trouba. Yet, SJ owes their 2019 1st to Buffalo for Kane, and the Isles owed their 2nd rounder to Vegas as part of their ED deal, and their 3rd to EDM for the Eberle trade.

Yeah, it's their job to talk sports, yet they don't know the rules. Same guys a week or 2 earlier talked about Juolevi and his 9 game limit. WTF? He's not a teenager anymore, there is no more 9 game for him, his ELC burns regardless of whether he's in the AHL/NHL.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Listening to the media today, to gauge the reactions from the radio ends of things. Sportsnet's side is just slurping the signings up. Is there a internal memo in the station to not be overly negative on the Canucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->