Vancouver Sports Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
was watching fahrenheit 11/9 last night and i was like...gah, that guy looks familiar. who does he look like???

20 lbs from now paterson is michael moore. just a friendly observation :)

member 290103

was watching fahrenheit 11/9 last night and i was like...gah, that guy looks familiar. who does he look like???

20 lbs from now paterson is michael moore. just a friendly observation :)

Wonder if Botch would still mancrush on Fat JPat?

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
Was winding down Saturday night, listening to the Sportsnet 650 post game show. When Ian Macintyre came on it was so irritating, with his constant attempts to add humor into the discussion. An ongoing joke about eating chicken wings kept causing interruptions to any discussion of the games. It wasn't as bombastic as Blow Jake, but the frequency of it was up there.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Botchford's man crush transcends looks. It's the right questions he asks that makes Paterson the apple of his eye.

Botch and Paterson are the guys who call out this management on their incompetence which is why I like them.

Looking forward to The Athleties after the DiPietro debacle.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
yes he did. Made up some stuff about how he hasn't been that bad and that the entire defense collectively hasn't been good.

They should continue to ask him.
Once in a while you might hear a media member ask a direct question, but when the coach gives his answer, will you ever hear a follow up asked? Nope.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
What the heck happened to Don Taylor. I can't even stand listening to his drivel anymore. When did he become such a Shill? I don't remember him being that way years ago.

Reactions: Canucks5551

member 290103

What the heck happened to Don Taylor. I can't even stand listening to his drivel anymore. When did he become such a Shill? I don't remember him being that way years ago.

Yup hes brutal. I honestly question if he even watches the games at all. He called Edler a beast in Toronto game...really? The guy scores so he’s a beast?

He needs to retire. He’s more interested in his tired DTMZ and discussing his personal life or his favourite food than he is sports.

That show is horrendous.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The media is so corporatized nowadays. Their job is to put a positive spin on the franchise to ensure fans have some semblance of optimism so they buy into it.

Unfair that the media absolves the owners and GM nowadays. The media heavily ragged the team in the 2000s. Sedins soft. D sucked. Cloutier sucked. Burke arrogant. Crawford arrogant. Naslund lacking leadership.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The media is so corporatized nowadays. Their job is to put a positive spin on the franchise to ensure fans have some semblance of optimism so they buy into it.

Unfair that the media absolves the owners and GM nowadays. The media heavily ragged the team in the 2000s. Sedins soft. D sucked. Cloutier sucked. Burke arrogant. Crawford arrogant. Naslund lacking leadership.
How much media was there in the early 2000's..?..Nowadays,we have two sports radio stations with reporters and experts coming out of the Ying yang.

What is the issue though..the media isn't negative enough?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Looks like they scrapped the morning show on 1040? It's not showing up anymore on the 1040 website under shows...

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Looks like they scrapped the morning show on 1040? It's not showing up anymore on the 1040 website under shows...

God I hope so. Hackford and Broughole are the worst thing to happen to Vancouver radio in a long time. Their constant negativity really got on my nerves.

YeahHeDid

Mar 26, 2011
Yup hes brutal. I honestly question if he even watches the games at all. He called Edler a beast in Toronto game...really? The guy scores so he’s a beast?

He needs to retire. He’s more interested in his tired DTMZ and discussing his personal life or his favourite food than he is sports.

That show is horrendous.
Did I write this post? Sounds like me. Agreed. I will add he is bored and lazy as well. He gets excited at the idea of sick days and gets annoyed when other people are sick, because he wants to be home doing nothing too.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
yeah that isn't the show. It's Pratt's. And H&B are near the top in the city, sorry to say.

Even Pratt's show has been smoking the 650 equivalent though, but it seems like a move to scrap morning shows across the country? Ottawa's morning show was cancelled as well.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
I wonder if Don Taylor will brag about doing as little work as possible again today, like he did last time there were sweeping layoffs by tsn?

YeahHeDid

Mar 26, 2011
I wonder if Don Taylor will brag about doing as little work as possible again today, like he did last time there were sweeping layoffs by tsn?
i wrote the program director when that happened. JPat who lives and breathes his job is let go and Taylor the same day was complaining about working. I can't wait til he's gone. I should write another letter.

Reactions: rypper

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
God I hope so. Hackford and Broughole are the worst thing to happen to Vancouver radio in a long time. Their constant negativity really got on my nerves.
The Canucks have been the worst team in the entire league over the past 4 years. To be overall positive through that would be dishonest or delusional.

For the record, I think Halford and Brough are great. They’re the only non-game sports radio I listen to anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad