Vancouver Sports Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Was anyone in the Botchford THe Athletic Q&A? Did anyone ask him about EP?
Wasn’t at this one, went in October. I’m pursuing journalism/broadcasting at BCIT.

Botchford is a great guy, for all the flack he gets in terms of being “stuck up” meeting the guy in person and communicating with him after, he’s a great guy and has personally helped me a lot.

Ryan Biech and JD Burke too, message them whenever as interviews on assignments and they go out of their way to help me.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
What's with Pratt's constant Ian Clark name dropping lately? It's like he thinks it will make him sound more informed as to why Markstrom has improved. He even called him the best goalie coach in the NHL. I wonder if he could even name another. He then backtracked a bit the day after and called him one of the best.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Pratt really is a total moron. For all the fuss made about our media though there is only a few people who suck.

Pratt- total idiot
Botchford- complete hack
Imac- waste of space

I like everyone else really to varying degrees, as media go anyway. Even Sekeres who I never really cared for is not THAT bad.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Ooooooh no you didn't.

This is where you insert some Friday animated gif or something isn't it the drop?
tumblr_myxtivLcCk1s46p8ao1_500.gif

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
They're all morons with access. Trust me, I used to work with most of em. They're all idiots.

member 290103

Botch was decent years and years ago when he was humble. Now he’s got more work he thinks he’s something and is so arrogant.

Nah, he still does a good job. He seems to be one of the few out there that seems to understand where the team is at. He never drank the kool-aid that the likes of Imac did and he is clearly someone that still wants the team to do well, unlike a guy like Dan Russell. He's the perfect medium.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
yeah, I just googled. he was axed in August '13 in the same wave I was and many others. I was the very first to go in that wave though. It was not a good time.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I was speaking with someone from the Vancouver Canadians a couple of nights ago. Don't think this has been officially announced yet, but I haven't been listening too much... Vancouver Canadians will make the move to 650, but I think that was a given with who owns the station and the team. I was also told that this means that Rob Fai will be on 650 and could very likely end up getting his own show. In my opinion he is one of the best guys on the radio and one of the few that can hold a show on his own. Regardless of what time slot he's in, save for maybe the late morning show, he'd beat any other show on 1040. Much more level headed, keeps the conversation going... and is entertaining while not being a dinosaur. Hoping this is true.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Botch should have stuck to being a writer. Any time I actually have to hear his voice I cut the segment and/or change the station. I'll still read his stuff though. That Patcast circle jerk is a special kind of awful.

member 290103

Botch should have stuck to being a writer. Any time I actually have to hear his voice I cut the segment and/or change the station. I'll still read his stuff though. That Patcast circle jerk is a special kind of awful.

Fully agree. The patcast sucks. Jeff Patterson is in love with himself, no thanks to Botch and his continuous propping up of the guy in the old Provies.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
31 thoughts is my favorite hockey podcast. it's polished and professional. the patcast is headed in the other direction unfortunately. the entire tsn website is a mess actually. sportsnet is kicking a$$ with their site and digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad