Vancouver Sports Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
What's with Pratt and the party all the time? It's always about how cool the party will be surrounding the game.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
What's with Pratt and the party all the time? It's always about how cool the party will be surrounding the game.

"Big Daddy Pratt" has long tried to protect this image of being a ladies man, life of the party, etc.

For somev reason that involved often wearing leather pants or at least bragging about it.

In reality it was probably less nights at the Roxy and more nights in sweats falling asleep in the lounger.

Reactions: cabinessence

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
"Big Daddy Pratt" has long tried to protect this image of being a ladies man, life of the party, etc.

For somev reason that involved often wearing leather pants or at least bragging about it.

In reality it was probably less nights at the Roxy and more nights in sweats falling asleep in the lounger.
I think it was probably more night at Celebrities and the Dufferin Hotel

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
He used to be at the Roxy in the early 90's standing by himself in front of the dj booth in an 8 ball jacket (I think David Puddy had one) and cowboy boots trying to look cool. I guess he saw himself as a cool party guy so tries to relate everything with being cool at a party.

Reactions: rypper

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
He used to be at the Roxy in the early 90's standing by himself in front of the dj booth in an 8 ball jacket (I think David Puddy had one) and cowboy boots trying to look cool. I guess he saw himself as a cool party guy so tries to relate everything with being cool at a party.

Sounds like a party for one.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
I bet he still has that jacket hanging in his closet. That's not the type of thing you just give away to the salvation army or anything.

Reactions: cabinessence

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
I lived at the Roxy in the 90s. I don’t ever recall seeing Pratt there. I do however remember seeing him at my buddy’s store on Davie St late nights however. We had a couple of our buddies working at the Super Valu and we used to go there for free food after the bars closed. Pratt used to come in just f***ing gowed. We used to get him going all the time. He talked like a big shot. “Trust me kids”, this lockout will be settled next week. This was in his TSN days and right before his Last Call abortion of a show. He would be weaving around the store in his leather jacket and pants giggling away to himself. He was probably late 30s early 40s at the time

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
I lived at the Roxy in the 90s. I don’t ever recall seeing Pratt there. I do however remember seeing him at my buddy’s store on Davie St late nights however. We had a couple of our buddies working at the Super Valu and we used to go there for free food after the bars closed. Pratt used to come in just ****ing gowed. We used to get him going all the time. He talked like a big shot. “Trust me kids”, this lockout will be settled next week. This was in his TSN days and right before his Last Call abortion of a show. He would be weaving around the store in his leather jacket and pants giggling away to himself. He was probably late 30s early 40s at the time
Sounds about right. Yeah I saw him at the Roxy a few times, always the same pose. Also at that placed called BaBalus.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
Oh man, I might have to finally pony up and pay for Real Good Show. Those guys crack me up.
Yeah he would always say "pony up the cash...", also stuff like "...Jack on the cell, go ahead brutha!...It was like he was showing how cool it would be to be talking to someone on the cell.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
It's think its hilarious that sports radio guys like Dave Pratt and Bob McCown think they are the coolest people in the room.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Man is there anyone in the local media with as see-thru a shtick as Andrew Walker?

He's worse then Pratt as far as picking a topic and purposely going with the side that will spin up the local market.

The way Vancouver fans complain about the early start and how we always accommodate the leafs when they come to town. This year the game is at 6pm. Walker is gloating on twitter about how great the 4pm start is.

We see right through you.

member 290103

I think it was probably more night at Celebrities and the Dufferin Hotel

Pratt's a man's man, brutha!

Pratt's the biggest douche bag in Vancouver radio. He's a complete idiot. He likes to have "hot takes" on everything and is basically wrong almost all the time.

Can't stand the guy. I am glad they leave him on the bro show - that way I can avoid both of them at the same time.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Pratt's a man's man, brutha!

Pratt's the biggest *****e bag in Vancouver radio. He's a complete idiot. He likes to have "hot takes" on everything and is basically wrong almost all the time.

Can't stand the guy. I am glad they leave him on the bro show - that way I can avoid both of them at the same time.
Very good point!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad