Vancouver Sports Media III

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
He throughout a whisper about a Gaudette trade on Twitter. It seems like a lazy way to get clicks and about as reliable as Pratt's "what we're hearing is..."

I've never known PJ to do that prior or to even really report on things like this (trade rumors.)

So on one hand is it a case of, well he never does this so there might be some legitimacy to it? Or PJ cashing in some click bait bucks.

Reactions: cabinessence

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
LOL I don't think they really give a f*ck -

YOU CALLED THE CANUCKS GM DIM BEFORE YOU EVEN STARTED JOURNALISM SCHOOL WOW YOURE FIRED !!1111
lol...I just wondered if you were going to take your anti-management slant to the airwaves?...Certainly would make for interesting listening?...Or are you going to take a moderate approach..?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
LOL I don't think they really give a f*ck -

YOU CALLED THE CANUCKS GM DIM BEFORE YOU EVEN STARTED JOURNALISM SCHOOL WOW YOURE FIRED !!1111

Haha you never know these days. But "journalists" these days are allowed to say whatever they want since Trump and feel there is a duty to report more than just the news.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
lol...I just wondered if you were going to take your anti-management slant to the airwaves?...Certainly would make for interesting listening?...Or are you going to take a moderate approach..?
I don’t filter situations - I talk about daily Canucks news, more so game reports as you know I’m pro-playoffs. I focused today’s around Bo Horvat and the misconceptions around his game.

Like I said in another post I’ve absolved myself from management thinking recently and just focused on the team.

Tune in Monday, let me know what you think.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
He throughout a whisper about a Gaudette trade on Twitter. It seems like a lazy way to get clicks and about as reliable as Pratt's "what we're hearing is..."

I've never known PJ to do that prior or to even really report on things like this (trade rumors.)

So on one hand is it a case of, well he never does this so there might be some legitimacy to it? Or PJ cashing in some click bait bucks.

I've read some of his articles before and he actually seems to have a source within the organization so it wouldn't really surprise me.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Hey guys I'm interning at Save On Radio and have been given on-air time. If you like my takes/posts would really encourage you to tune in 12-2 from Monday-Thursday, mostly talk Canucks and hockey. Give it a listen and tell me what you think.

Link: Save On Radio
Nice! I will definitely be tuning in. Curious to see how much of a stats bent you'll bring to the waves. :DD

member 290103

Nice! I will definitely be tuning in. Curious to see how much of a stats bent you'll bring to the waves. :DD

....but then we won’t be able to hear Donnie and the Moj run through birthdays and DTMZ....on the “blue and green” lunch.

Reactions: vanuck

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Yeah lol. it's not hard to find negativity regarding the Canucks at any time.
I'm right here for HFCanuck's negativity needs.

eQP9ehc.gif

I drop truth bombs, I bash ownership and I do birthday parties and bar mitzvah's with 2 days notice.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Maybe the meaning is that reporting these days more than ever comes in the guise of editorial opnion.

Not sure about that but I think the real problem with journalism these days is the impact of social media on the news cycle, which puts enormous pressure on reporters to report stuff as quickly as possible. PJ heard a name dropped by a source and felt compelled to put out a tweet. In the stone age, PJ would file that in his shoebox and it would never see the light of day.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Not sure about that but I think the real problem with journalism these days is the impact of social media on the news cycle, which puts enormous pressure on reporters to report stuff as quickly as possible. PJ heard a name dropped by a source and felt compelled to put out a tweet. In the stone age, PJ would file that in his shoebox and it would never see the light of day.

This times a thousand. In all news it is no longer about being right but about being first.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I agree with this stuff. As an add on, I think the way Myers and Ferland UFA deals were portrayed in the media in the offseason shows that the Canucks both use the media landscape to get gauge at public expectations and also set public expectations in order to make deals more palatable. In other words, the Canucks be using the media

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->