Vancouver Sports Media III

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Recent Dayal columns:

December 21st: How Bo Horvat's defensive issues are costing the Canucks at even strength

January 8th: Why Jake Virtanen's current scoring pace is unsustainable

January 17th: Bo Horvat's rise...and Jake Virtanen's two-way resurgence

I just can't...

1f3258b49a635e28caba1be9ec5ec7c98e9f98c.gif

I hear you. If an article headline starts with "How" or "Why" it's likely unreadable drivel. The Athletic is full of them.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
Sustainable, conversation, a look....such popular words these days. Why does not one ever say "chances" anymore? As in "we had some good chances" last period. It's always "we had some good looks". Why is everything after the fact a takeaway now?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Sustainable, conversation, a look....such popular words these days. Why does not one ever say "chances" anymore? As in "we had some good chances" last period. It's always "we had some good looks". Why is everything after the fact a takeaway now?

We can start this conversation, it would be a good look, who knows if it will be sustainable.

But, first, we must be accountable.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I just wanted to bump this thread as I find some of the local media is at it's peak right now in terms of awful, biased coverage.

Corey Hirsch has doubled his workrate by becoming an embarrassing talking head for 650 to go along with the awful job he does during games. Some of his stuff on Twitter is brutal.

Sat has gone from a very respected media member to spineless puppet over a 2 year period.

IMac is IMac, but he's plunging into some new depths lately. Today's article was especially bad, highlighted by describing the incoming Canucks prospect pool as a "tidal wave" and "Super Seven".

I'm fine with being excited about the team, but can we get at least an ounce of balanced reporting?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I just wanted to bump this thread as I find some of the local media is at it's peak right now in terms of awful, biased coverage.

Corey Hirsch has doubled his workrate by becoming an embarrassing talking head for 650 to go along with the awful job he does during games. Some of his stuff on Twitter is brutal.

Sat has gone from a very respected media member to spineless puppet over a 2 year period.

IMac is IMac, but he's plunging into some new depths lately. Today's article was especially bad, highlighted by describing the incoming Canucks prospect pool as a "tidal wave" and "Super Seven".

I'm fine with being excited about the team, but can we get at least an ounce of balanced reporting?
Just because they support the current regime ?
If you want some negativity, tsn 1040 is all about it

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I know you don't like the management but calling it a regime is too much. It's management, not the CCCP.
I dont like them nor i hate them just to be clear
I wont blink if they get canned tomorrow because Eriksson and Sutter are fireable signings and about time we need a new voice

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
You are wrong and I like Sat.

Sat is a smart guy and I like him as well, but my issue is that he seems to no longer provide a balanced opinion. Because of that, he doesn't offer much to me.

I tried to listen to both stations and read the opinions from both sides after the Toffoli trade and I just found 650 extremely hard to listen to. And while I know many would term Sekeres/Price negative (and they have been at times) I did think they were fair in weighing out the pros and cons of the trade.

Reactions: Bleach Clean

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Sat is a smart guy and I like him as well, but my issue is that he seems to no longer provide a balanced opinion. Because of that, he doesn't offer much to me.

I tried to listen to both stations and read the opinions from both sides after the Toffoli trade and I just found 650 extremely hard to listen to. And while I know many would term Sekeres/Price negative (and they have been at times) I did think they were fair in weighing out the pros and cons of the trade.
650 is mostly unlistenable

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
How many here read Patrick Johnston's column over at the Province regularly? And for those who do, what do you make of his work?

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
How many here read Patrick Johnston's column over at the Province regularly? And for those who do, what do you make of his work?
He throughout a whisper about a Gaudette trade on Twitter. It seems like a lazy way to get clicks and about as reliable as Pratt's "what we're hearing is..."

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
I think Sat is a pretty smart guy and has good takes but I'm sure he feels pressure to "tow the line".

Plus, how can anyone work with Andrew Walker for months on end and expect to stay sane

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Sat is a pretty smart guy and has good takes but I'm sure he feels pressure to "tow the line".

Plus, how can anyone work with Andrew Walker for months on end and expect to stay sane

I like him too. My initial post was probably too harsh on him, but it was only that way because I have actual expectations for him unlike Hirsch & IMac.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad