Afternoon - TSN 1040 = Moj + Taylor - 3.9
SN650 = Rintoul - 2.2 - Win TSN 1040

Drive Home TSN 1040 - Sekeres + Price - 6.9 ( wow )_
SN650 - Shah + Walker - 2.1 Win TSN 1040

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Crazy numbers for Sekeres/Price. Good for them.

Overall I'm pretty sure everyone involved is happy with those ratings. Huge improvement over last year, no doubt tied to people being much more excited about the Canucks this year.

Also worth a noting that those numbers will be mainly the old format for 650 before they made their lineup changes a few weeks back.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Interesting. Sportsnet 650 has the Canuck broadcast rights, but it's obvious that fans are tuning in the rival station TSN 1040 for all the relevant information on the team.

Makes you wonder how long Rogers is going to live with this, with rival Bell Media handing them their lunch at the station across town.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I just had the misfortune of listening to Rob Fai talk about hockey on my drive home. He is so clueless and out of touch. I'm not even a Canucks fan and I was getting furious listening to him trying to defend Benning and Green. The whole show is just a bizarro world of one guy having a conversation with himself and uttering complete nonsense and every last thing that pops into his brain.

Reactions: geebaan

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
I just had the misfortune of listening to Rob Fai talk about hockey on my drive home. He is so clueless and out of touch. I'm not even a Canucks fan and I was getting furious listening to him trying to defend Benning and Green. The whole show is just a bizarro world of one guy having a conversation with himself and uttering complete nonsense and every last thing that pops into his brain.

Who is Rob Fai and where is he?

I only randomly listen to sports radio and have no idea who he is. But he seems to fit the profile of the guys on SN650.

Reactions: geebaan

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
1040 post game with dhaliwal wasn't very good, dude needs to calm down. I don't need such aggressive post game 'analysis'.

Reactions: m9

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Fall Book is out for the Radio Wars - TSN 1040 vs SN 650

The number are huge and the industry has double the listners this fall

Morning - TSN 1040 - Brough + Halford - 3.2
SN 650 - Solkowski + Cybulski - 1.8 win TSN 1040

Afternoon - TSN 1040 = Moj + Taylor - 3.9
SN650 = Rintoul - 2.2 - Win TSN 1040

Drive Home TSN 1040 - Sekeres + Price - 6.9 ( wow )_
SN650 - Shah + Walker - 2.1 Win TSN 1040

This is year 3 for SN. If the numbers do not get better for SN, see changes in the summer.

Move off the 4 show rotation like TSN did and go with a 3 show 4 hour edition like TSN. Thinking that Reach Deep would get cut in that instance.

Cybulski has been on the morning show since day 1. Perry, this is year 2 on the morning show, He had the mid day show in year 1.

Rintoul just started, but those numbers given the time period is more Shah & Reach Deep shows. Think Rintoul in time will gain more listeners.

SN is getting 36% of the morning and mid day audience.

But, man, that afternoon show is getting killed. Only 23% for Walker/Rintoul/Shah. Yikes....

Walker has been there since day 1.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
This is year 3 for SN. If the numbers do not get better for SN, see changes in the summer.

Move off the 4 show rotation like TSN did and go with a 3 show 4 hour edition like TSN. Thinking that Reach Deep would get cut in that instance.

Cybulski has been on the morning show since day 1. Perry, this is year 2 on the morning show, He had the mid day show in year 1.

Rintoul just started, but those numbers given the time period is more Shah & Reach Deep shows. Think Rintoul in time will gain more listeners.

SN is getting 36% of the morning and mid day audience.

But, man, that afternoon show is getting killed. Only 23% for Walker/Rintoul/Shah. Yikes....

Walker has been there since day 1.

Walker is an awful listen and I'm sad that Sat is stuck with that awful on air personality.

Walker constantly interrupts and takes things off topic. Absolutely insufferable show

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Walker is an awful listen and I'm sad that Sat is stuck with that awful on air personality.

Walker constantly interrupts and takes things off topic. Absolutely insufferable show

Aside from Rintoul, I can't say I have much of any connection with the other hosts.
Don't think Walker is ever going to shake that Toronto (outsider) label.

For SN, I only see them getting an uptake from the Rintoul show in the next 2 quarters as he goes up against Taylor & Moj. Other shows, I can't see Shah replacing Rintoul as an upgrade given he had the first half of the mid day numbers for SN.

member 290103

Thought the Kesler Bieksa podcast was interesting. Kesler seems to have mellowed and is a bit regretful I think about how things ended up working out in Vancouver. Bertuzzi too - he was a guest and really seems like a great guy now.

Both these guys just needed to retire to mature. Wonder if both or either ever get into the Ring of Honor? Maybe too much baggage....based on play, both should be there though.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
This is from Sept 1 to Nov 30; Huge numbers for Sekeres and Price .

The best broadcaster tandem in the market, IMO.

Numbers for Moj and Taylor are surprising by contrast because I think they’re the worst. Brough and Halford are far superior.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Thought the Kesler Bieksa podcast was interesting. Kesler seems to have mellowed and is a bit regretful I think about how things ended up working out in Vancouver. Bertuzzi too - he was a guest and really seems like a great guy now.

Both these guys just needed to retire to mature. Wonder if both or either ever get into the Ring of Honor? Maybe too much baggage....based on play, both should be there though.
Yes, both. Bert first.

Reactions: Buck Dancer

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Yes, both. Bert first.

I think Bert was never the same after the Moore incident and was his mellowed self during his time in Detroit? Kesler, I think, took those hip surgeries and the knowledge that he will never win the Cup...

Reactions: Buck Dancer

member 290103

The best broadcaster tandem in the market, IMO.

Numbers for Moj and Taylor are surprising by contrast because I think they’re the worst. Brough and Halford are far superior.

I agree. Donnie and The Moj seem to just be there to hang out and entertain each other. They really get most excited when they are NOT talking sports.

Maybe they get the benefit of people tuning in to Halford and Brough and then just leaving the radio tuned in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad