Confirmed with Link: Vancouver signs Zach Hamill

acr*

I love when the board all comes together to bash a useless AHLer. It's cruel, but really fun.

I don't know what they ever saw in him to justify the 8th overall pick in the draft. He never showed any real talent here, and he also looks like there may be a chromosome missing somewhere in his DNA. Some good NHL players went after him in the draft, like Couture, Sutter, McDonough, Eller, Pacioretty, Perron, and that's just the first round. Stupid scouts.

2ka RasK*

23mha2U.jpg

Off to Vancouver, the land of Mist and Shadow, to chase a Ring.

Anyways, you need people of intelligence on this sort of...mission...quest...thing.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I'm not sure if it still isn't supposed to be talked about (taboo?) but he has a medical condition which may have hampered his ability to be successful. The Bruins staff knew about it and still took him, so it isn't a complete killer or anything, but may have contributed to his struggles.

I had no idea about this.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Hamill was a bad pick, pretty much every organization will have 1 high first rounder a decade that is a huge miss.

2 things in his though.

1. Whitfield playing over him when Krejci wnt down in 2010 was complete BS.

2. Just because he sucks in the AHL doesn't mean he'd be that bad in the NHL. Like Caron he might just be a guy who doesn't fit the league. He might have been OK if we gave him more chances.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I'm not sure if it still isn't supposed to be talked about (taboo?) but he has a medical condition which may have hampered his ability to be successful. The Bruins staff knew about it and still took him, so it isn't a complete killer or anything, but may have contributed to his struggles.

definitely true. also explains why familiarity is so important to him.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Guy overcame a lot just to walk let alone play Hockey.

So, they took a guy (8th overall pick in the first round) who was lucky to walk let alone play hockey?? Why? What was the deal? I'm no soothsayer or anything but I hated this pick, and if Smith made it ...good riddance!

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
I thought he was forgotten and that I was going to see encouragement remarks.

I would like to give 75% of the posters here my dislocated rib. :yo:

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
So, they took a guy (8th overall pick in the first round) who was lucky to walk let alone play hockey?? Why? What was the deal? I'm no soothsayer or anything but I hated this pick, and if Smith made it ...good riddance!

Tell me the other picks that you have hated.

Serpico4ever

Jul 4, 2010
Brighton, MA
13th forward... Would've been nice to get Jakub Voracek or Kevin Shattenkirk or a bunch of other guys. Its starting to look like a decent draft after all.

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I love when the board all comes together to bash a useless AHLer. It's cruel, but really fun.

I don't know what they ever saw in him to justify the 8th overall pick in the draft. He never showed any real talent here, and he also looks like there may be a chromosome missing somewhere in his DNA. Some good NHL players went after him in the draft, like Couture, Sutter, McDonough, Eller, Pacioretty, Perron, and that's just the first round. Stupid scouts.

To be fair, he was over PPG in the WHL and was seen as the "safe" pick at the time. Limited high end upside, but saw as someone that could be a 2nd/3rd line guy one day more as a lock... Unfortunately, if he does each that he'll make it as a journeyman. At the time, I thought of him as a Krejci light... I still think can get his stuff together, but time is running out.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
I don't think he was seen as the safe pick. He was projected in the mid to late teens or later and it was a bit of a stretch to see him taken so early. ISS had him ranked 16.He was viewed it as a project pick. The same for Cross in the 2nd. He was a project pick who was hurt who also couldn't decide if he was going to play hockey or baseball.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I hope this kid does well. He never got a shot in Boston (19 games played) I would like to see his haters eat crow.

I agree with you on one point, that I hope he does well.

But no way I agree with your second point. He 'never got a shot' because he wasn't close to good enough. He was given every possible shot to earn a job in the NHL. He never came close. That's not the Bruins fault. You think they wanted the 8th pick in the draft to be a bust?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad