Proposal: Vancouver/ Philadelphia

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Vancouver Trades: Tanev, Baertschi, Goldobin
Philadelphia trades: 14th OA, Lindblom
Phily gets a top 4 RD, a 2nd line LW to play with Voracek and Patrick and Goldomin who may need a change of scenery. Vancouver gets a mid first to help them continue building a solid prospect pool, and a 21 year old with top 6 potential.

Last edited:

Buddlee

Apr 15, 2018
wow
2sOCImb

2xUiyvG

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
The Flyers could probably just trade the pick for a better, healthier RHD than Tanev.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Flyers fans don't value Tanev as much as we do. I've been consistent in my argument that Tanev's missed game history (not all of it has been injuries) is due to the team and travel and to get more games in per season, he needs a better team, and needs to be part of a team that doesn't have the worst travel schedule in the league.

That being said, it's been established that this is not a team, or at least a fanbase, that wants him as much as we do.

I feel that Lindblom is about on par with Goldobin. He has a higher ceiling at this point, but Goldobin also has some development under his belt. I could be wrong, but arguing about this part is burying the lead.

Tanev+Baertschi would probably fetch more separately. Two fanbases that hate the Canucks and our fans have offered a package involving a later first, an early second, a late second and either a prospect or a late 2nd pick next year, 25, 40 and 52. I think, if we will move these players, which I am not convinced we should do at this point, that is a better package than the 14th overall pick, which is rightly coveted by Flyers fans.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Vancouver Trades: Tanev, Baerachsi, Goldobin
Philadelphia trades: 14th OA, Lindblom
Phily gets a top 4 RD, a 2nd line LW to play with Voracek and Patrick and Goldomin who may need a change of scenery. Vancouver gets a mid first to help them continue building a solid prospect pool, and a 21 year old with top 6 potential.

No interest in Tanev (injury prone) or Baertschi (meh). No thanks.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What do Canucks and Flyers fans think Tanev for Simmonds resigned for 5X6M?
If Simmonds is moved, most want it for long term pieces that will help us in a few years when they are pushing to be a contender. Tanev is a "now" piece, not a future one. He just does not fit the Flyers timeline if Simmonds is involved.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Tanev and Baertschi are the new Ballard as Raymond. You can’t open a Vancouver proposal without seeing one, the other, or both.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Hextall said that he'll continue with the future this summer... so I wouldnt expect to see any move for prospects or pick from PHI this years... pick up a RHD UFA maybe?

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Text all is turning this down right away how bout this
Vancouver gets Hagg,Frost,14th overall pick for 7th overall pick and Tanev?

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Text all is turning this down right away how bout this
Vancouver gets Hagg,Frost,14th overall pick for 7th overall pick and Tanev?

We don't want nor need Tanev and we aren't trading Frost for a 2nd pairing dman so no, not even considered in the least

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
We don't want nor need Tanev and we aren't trading Frost for a 2nd pairing dman so no, not even considered in the least
I can understand that, the Flyers have a good young d for the future PLUS having a gem upfront like Frost there is no need to make that trade. No need for a desperate trade there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->