Pre-Game Talk: Vancouver Millionaires vs. Detroit Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Will be watching this one doped up on every flu/cold medication known to man, so chances are I'll be just as dopey as the Canucks in their own end.

On the other hand, they had lots of jump against Nashville. If they can keep that up, we might just be able to pull one out.

Barker in the lineup over Ballard gives me a tummy ache.

Sick retro jerseys.

CookieCrumbs*

Not really Canucks related, but I just wanted to let you guys know that Aaron Volpatti will be playing on the first line with Backstrom and Ovechkin for the Caps next game.

I know he took a shift with them last game, but is he actually starting the next game on that line? Good for Volpatti.

Anybody know if Tanev will be playing on Sat?

M A K A V E L I*

The practice jerseys look pretty good too.

6KURgYm.jpg

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Sorry, got to call out the OP. Detroit Red Wings weren't called the 'Red Wings' until 1932, and were founded as the 'Cougars' in 1926. They bought the players from the folded WHL Victoria Cougars franchise, and kept the name 'Cougars' in their honor until 1932. Funny that the Canucks bought the rights to the jersey, logo and trademark. They basically bought a cup win. (1915) :laugh:

I'm expecting a tight, low scoring game. I'm sure the Canucks are going to be anxious to avenge their embarrassing debacle in Detroit.

So does that mean we won a cup then??? Just seeing what you think.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
So does that mean we won a cup then??? Just seeing what you think.

Plan the parade! :sarcasm:

A team based in Vancouver did, and the Canucks bought the trademark rights to the team that did it. It's almost like buying a history. The Millionaires win was pre-NHL in the days of the challenge system, so not really the same thing.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
30 minutes, you guys. The Wings fans put some effort into their GDT, apparently in an attempt to compete with mine.

Looks like other teams' fans are gunning for Zombo now.

Thank you for the compliments on my work.

I'm looking forward to yours.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
30 minutes, you guys. The Wings fans put some effort into their GDT, apparently in an attempt to compete with mine.

Looks like other teams' fans are gunning for Zombo now.

I'm confident in you to produce better. I've become immune to your awesome GDT's now, I just expect them all to be great now.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I watched The Usual Suspects for the first time recently. Such a good movie.

Its easily one of my favorite movies.

I was happy to get a chance to call out our fans for the ridiculous chants of "USA, USA" when there are almost twice as many American Canucks than there are Red Wings.

Always enjoy Wings/Canucks games but I'll miss the one tomorrow unfortunately. Hopefully its as good as last time but as bad as the Wings have been lately combined with it being the 3rd game in 4 nights I expect you guys to get revenge for that debacle in Detroit.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Its easily one of my favorite movies.

I was happy to get a chance to call out our fans for the ridiculous chants of "USA, USA" when there are almost twice as many American Canucks than there are Red Wings.

Always enjoy Wings/Canucks games but I'll miss the one tomorrow unfortunately. Hopefully its as good as last time but as bad as the Wings have been lately combined with it being the 3rd game in 4 nights I expect you guys to get revenge for that debacle in Detroit.

But the important question is...

What do you think of the Millionaires jerseys? :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad