Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
pFx4MaB.gif
I0ZjQqA.gif

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Sorry, got to call out the OP. Detroit Red Wings weren't called the 'Red Wings' until 1932, and were founded as the 'Cougars' in 1926. They bought the players from the folded WHL Victoria Cougars franchise, and kept the name 'Cougars' in their honor until 1932. Funny that the Canucks bought the rights to the jersey, logo and trademark. They basically bought a cup win. (1915) :laugh:

I'm expecting a tight, low scoring game. I'm sure the Canucks are going to be anxious to avenge their embarrassing debacle in Detroit.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Picking up my jersey tomorrow. Gonna wear it/cuddle with it until game time.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I am going to have to miss this one due to other obligations I hope i dont get the score ruined but I can guess if we are loosing a friend will bring it up to throw in my face. The painful life of a canuck fan in alberta.

I am expecting a win since detroit is a bad road team right now, hopefully howard still has the flu so we get the monster. I would tend to think lou starts this he is going to want to avenge his loss to the red wings and will be hungry although elsewhere people suggested schneider wont get to use his mask either.

My record on picking wins and losses for this team has not been good though.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Sorry, got to call out the OP. Detroit Red Wings weren't called the 'Red Wings' until 1932, and were founded as the 'Cougars' in 1926. They bought the players from the folded WHL Victoria Cougars franchise, and kept the name 'Cougars' in their honor until 1932. Funny that the Canucks bought the rights to the jersey, logo and trademark. They basically bought a cup win. (1915) :laugh:

I know this, but I didn't want to cause too much confusion, because I don't expect the Wings to surprise us with Cougars jerseys.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
50 cents? **** this I'm going to the soda shoppe for a malt instead, then maybe will push a hoop down the street with a stick.

BC Ben

Mar 26, 2010
True North
And I am flying in from the great white north to see this game... Will let the girlfirend pick out her own jersey (since all she owns in Winnipeg Jets stuff) - she likely takes Bieksa since her last name is close to that and her favourite number is 3.

I am hoping we see the Nucks continue to win games (I am also headed to the Blues game on Tuesday!)

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
75 cents for specialty seats? One dollar for a box?!?!

No wonder the games are so quite; only the corporate types can afford to go to the games nowadays. :shakehead

On the uniforms... I thought it was pretty funny when Ferraro said last night that a lot of the players were iffy about the white pants. I think they look great. Unfortunately the players feel emasculated and are going to play like a bunch of whimps. :sarcasm:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Please no more jersey changes.

Canucks lead the league in jersey changes per capita.

Getting a little embarrassing now.

Fan show up to the game and there is no "sea of blue" there is white/red/orange/black/blue/green/yellow

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

Fan show up to the game and there is no "sea of blue" there is white/red/orange/black/blue/green/yellow

Do you honestly complain about everything?

These jerseys are sick.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

your ****ing avatar is the jersey in question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad