Vancouver Media Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
650 is terrible. If you live in White Rock and it rains or snows no reception. How can anyone call this a professional radio show ? They sound so muffled most of the time too. 1040 was clear as water.
I live right in vancouver and it sounds a bit boxed... can’t quite put my finger on it but I have to have the radio volume on high to really follow along...
Someone posted earlier that 650 (depending on the time of day) is only a 4,000 to 20,000 Watt signal. 1040 was 50,000 Watts all the time. 650 has a signal the power of a University station. It’s a joke.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
The ultimate irony is AM 730 works the entire drive to Seattle pretty much. Who needs to know Vancouver traffic in Seattle? You know what would be awesome on the drive to Seattle...listening to Canucks games.

Somebody get on that.

Reactions: mossey3535 and Dab

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
The ultimate irony is AM 730 works the entire drive to Seattle pretty much. Who needs to know Vancouver traffic in Seattle? You know what would be awesome on the drive to Seattle...listening to Canucks games.

Somebody get on that.
730 used to be the other former all sports radio station around here, for anyone who didn’t know

Reactions: mossey3535

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
It was also the top pop music station when I was growing up... <nostalgia for LG73>

And its big rival in music was, sure enough, AM 1040 ("1040 Kicks!"). Until Z95.3 showed up on the FM dial.
I definitely remember Elle Gee Seventy-three, but I didn’t know 1040 was a rival on the am dial. I do remember 650 being Six Fifty Sea-Isle

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
You writing it out like that brought back a rush of memories.
That’s how and why they came out of the old brain here, so mission accomplished!

6C791945-8661-4E8B-ACB0-D0D2E5F23365.gif

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I've heard Jamie Dodd on the air a few times the last couple of weeks and he's fine. He's done some of the pre-game shows and Canucks Central shows.

At this point though, I just can't do the morning show or Rintoul. As long as it's 12 noon or later though, I'm willing to give whoever on a shot.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
My god! 650 is impossible to listen to. From the two morning guys, to scotty, to Riccio, and to Walker it’s just CRAPEROLLA.
KEEp Deep and Sat. Dump the rest.

Ya. I can't seem to get myself to listen to 650 for longer than a few minutes. I listened to Mike McKenna's segment with Rintoul today and found McKenna to be pretty good though.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Yeah there everyday stuff isn't great when Sat isn't on.

They have a couple of really good weekend shows that I listen to as podcasts though - Hockey Fight with Brendan Batchelor and John Cullen, and On Air with Fehr and Blair.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
hi here, after I listened to the VANcast, I found that there was a youtube channel The Nation with Rob Fai. VANcsat said it had a pro-game show. However, there is no "upcoming ..." or "premiere" to set a reminder. So, is the pro-game show a recorded video or live show?

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
hi here, after I listened to the VANcast, I found that there was a youtube channel The Nation with Rob Fai. VANcsat said it had a pro-game show. However, there is no "upcoming ..." or "premiere" to set a reminder. So, is the pro-game show a recorded video or live show?

They have a post-game show. If you subscribe to the channel you get a notificaiton when the broadcast starts. Usually I just navigate to the page after the game ends though.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
fyi Rob Fei has a youtube show after canuck games
Ya, a poster put a link a few posts up. I listened to the last post game show he did and it was really good. He has Tomlinson (not the character that is the only one to die in that old Star Trek episode, but the former Canucks colour guy) and othe4 really good guests. Way better than that 650 tripe.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I so like the 650 Toronto Raptor updates. :thumbd:
It’s like the people running the station are trying to keep us from listening. Don’t they understand the vast majority of Vancouver fans HATE EVERYTHING TORONTO?

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Why can't the 1040 crew start a live youtube channel? ost people have access to youtube, even in their car, plus you could add some video content, which could make the shows even better.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I so like the 650 Toronto Raptor updates. :thumbd:
It’s like the people running the station are trying to keep us from listening. Don’t they understand the vast majority of Vancouver fans HATE EVERYTHING TORONTO?
This was a massive basketball town not too long ago

guess something changed

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
This was a massive basketball town not too long ago

guess something changed

As a major basketball fan years ago, I could never cheer on the raps. They were the grizzlies rival.

On top of that geographically so many teams are a lot closer. I don’t really have a “team” anymore and more cheer for teams I like year to year.

having said that, the “we are the North” was great marketing, done at the perfect time with GoT.

Reactions: Luckylarry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->