Vancouver Media Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Can you be more specific? What did they say?
Price made a comment claiming someone was “anti-women's rights”. No one in their right mind is anti-women’s rights. People disagree on pro life vs pro choice. I get that. If his comment wasn’t pandering, it was ignorant. Way beyond the remit of a sports talk show.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I turned my radio off after they started the Donnelly discussion. No disrespect to TSN 1040 onair talent, I think they should stuck with sports, bad / dad jokes and making fun of other host(s). When they are off to other subjects, it is cringe worthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catamarca Livin

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Price made a comment claiming someone was “anti-women's rights”. No one in their right mind is anti-women’s rights. People disagree on pro life vs pro choice. I get that. If his comment wasn’t pandering, it was ignorant. Way beyond the remit of a sports talk show.

Price is kind of like Damien Cox, in that he should not be sharing his thoughts about things other than hockey to fans (like Cox, his hockey takes aren't much better). He is a lightweight, and does not offer anything to the conversation.

Reactions: iceburg

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Price is kind of like Damien Cox, in that he should not be sharing his thoughts about things other than hockey to fans (like Cox, his hockey takes aren't much better). He is a lightweight, and does not offer anything to the conversation.

Price has never accidentally tweeted out a thirsty dm though, so he's got that going for him.

Reactions: Jay Cee

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Nevertheless, there should be someone checking his content. He has no business commenting on something he knows nothing about.

Reactions: Jay Cee

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I dislike when they share their political views then basically state anyone who disagrees is an idiot. I know Price is from Winnipeg but they have that back east arrogance. Or it might just be their liberal arts education that gives them their elitist sentiments. Nice guys but someone should inform them that a large part of their audience will not agree on any issue so avoid giving opions or even more so lectures on these topics. Many sports personalities have no problem doing this.

Reactions: cabinessence

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I haven't listened to local radio since free agent weekend. Sounds like I'm not missing much.

That list above of ex-players is awful. I'll be generous to Jannik Hansen and say his English is okay. I'll be generous to Jovo and Bertuzzi and say their current radio work is okay. These are not radio hosts.

And yes, of course Ray Ferraro would be a great host. He already was a great host here which is why he's doing bigger things now. That's like saying Quinn Hughes would be a good guy to run the power play in Utica.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

i didn't listen but from what you describe i fail to see the distinction you're drawing here. i mean, either women get to have the right to choose what happens in their body or they have to sustain the living thing growing inside them no matter what?

but maybe it wasn't what he said but the way he said it? (shrug)

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
i didn't listen but from what you describe i fail to see the distinction you're drawing here. i mean, either women get to have the right to choose what happens in their body or they have to sustain the living thing growing inside them no matter what?

but maybe it wasn't what he said but the way he said it? (shrug)
And therein lies the problem. I absolutely agree with the wording you choose. Now re-read what Price said.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
And therein lies the problem. I absolutely agree with the wording you choose. Now re-read what Price said.

still feel like this must be a "the way he said it" problem because i just mashed up all his words and your words together without changing the meaning of any of them

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Mikael Samuelsson seems like such a random inclusion in that list.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
still feel like this must be a "the way he said it" problem because i just mashed up all his words and your words together without changing the meaning of any of them

Like Cox, personally I find the problem is that these wonderful tidbits usually seem like they come from no where, unprompted and no one cares to engage him. Then the conversation pivots from there to him arguing with random people that say stick to sports.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Being 'pro-life'* is by definition being anti-women's rights in the same way the being 'pro-apartheid' is by definition 'anti black rights'. It's pretty cut-and-dried. If you don't think that women have the right to make decisions about what's happening in their bodies, you are anti-women's rights.

* in my experience, 'pro life' is a massive misnomer because these people are only pro-clumps of fetal cells and anti all other kinds of life and ways of keeping people alive.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Stick to hockey.
Agreed. And this was the motive for my initial post - a sports show should stick to sports. I realized shortly afterwards that it would probably result in a "discussion" that, IMO, doesn't belong in a hockey forum.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The Fall Books will be out tommorow. Lets see if SN650 makes any gains
If 650 wanted to improve their dismal ratings they would get better hosts, and only talk hockey. They have some seriously awful hosts, and talk way too much NFL. They actually have the Canuck’s lunch now as football lunch! Are their program directors just stupid? Just stick to hockey.

Reactions: m9

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Sorry then, this is what I was going on-

“In all demographics, 1040 pulled a 2.6 share, while 650’s was just 0.4.”

I think I see now where I erred.

Reactions: Peen

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
That’s what 650 gets for hiring a troll that doesn’t even like the Hockey team he’s commenting on and just wants to get rise out of the fan base. Unlike Skip bayless he’s not even a good troll either.

To be honest, I don't care if he's not a fan of the team I like. He's just an unlikable twat who spews contrarian takes for the sake of contention. It's cheap sports-radio, and most people have obviously seen through it. He's not going to be in this market long, so I'm not too invested in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad