20201103_104911.jpg

That's what Barstool represents.

Attachments

• 20201103_104903.jpg
    20201103_104903.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 0

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
i agree. you and jd burke make important points. hockey is serious business. there is no room for humour in hockey unless it is something a committee comprised of gender studies professors and high school principals has reviewed and approved in advance. the sooner we get to that point the better we will be as a society where you and jd burke are our cultural beacons. the last thing anyone associated with hockey wants to hear is actual hockey players shooting the shit, when we could be entertained by people like you and jd burke reciting stats.
I don’t get why people (I’m in this group) who don’t like these “Spittin’ Chiclets” characters just don’t watch. Yes, I tried to watch and found the show dumb, so I don’t watch. But just because I don’t like the show doesn’t mean others shouldn’t be able to enjoy it, right? If these guys aren’t breaking any laws (freedoms of expression for us up here) then it’s their right to produce the show, and the public’s right to watch or not.
In the 70’s i loved “All In The Family”. It was (maybe?) the most controversial mainstream, TV show ever. 60 million Americans (I don’t know how many Canadians, but I’m sure it was a lot) watched every week. 200 million chose not to watch.
Providing no laws are being broken it’s an adult’s choice to watch or pay attention to what they want.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
My comment was pointing out the immaturity of Bissonnette. You have one of the guys from the show bridging the gap, calling off the dogs, and speaking to people who aren't fans etc. And then you have Biz fanning the flames acting like he's in high school.

To be fair he does refer to himself as bizNASTY. He's nasty!

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don’t get why people (I’m in this group) who don’t like these “Spittin’ Chiclets” characters just don’t watch. Yes, I tried to watch and found the show dumb, so I don’t watch. But just because I don’t like the show doesn’t mean others shouldn’t be able to enjoy it, right? If these guys aren’t breaking any laws (freedoms of expression for us up here) then it’s their right to produce the show, and the public’s right to watch or not.
In the 70’s i loved “All In The Family”. It was (maybe?) the most controversial mainstream, TV show ever. 60 million Americans (I don’t know how many Canadians, but I’m sure it was a lot) watched every week. 200 million chose not to watch.
Providing no laws are being broken it’s an adult’s choice to watch or pay attention to what they want.

Yeah, exactly.

And you can apply this to all the of the other media out there.

If you don't like something, just don't watch or listen to it.

It's weird that some people spend their lives seeking out stuff that they don't like just so they can complain about it.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

agreed. i am not a huge fan of the chiclets crew either, but i will defend to the death their right to inelegantly tell jd burke to go f*** himself.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yeah, exactly.

And you can apply this to all the of the other media out there.

If you don't like something, just don't watch or listen to it.

It's weird that some people spend their lives seeking out stuff that they don't like just so they can complain about it.
Is that why my mother-in-law is always coming over? :huh:

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Adam Gaudette liked this tweet. Seems he isn't the biggest JD Burke fan either

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I don’t get why people (I’m in this group) who don’t like these “Spittin’ Chiclets” characters just don’t watch.
I don't, and never have. I'm reading awful tweets by their employees that were inevitably going to attract attention and making judgments about them on that basis. "Cancel Culture" is often also assholes using an inherently risky strategy to get free advertising.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
i agree. you and jd burke make important points. hockey is serious business. there is no room for humour in hockey unless it is something a committee comprised of gender studies professors and high school principals has reviewed and approved in advance. the sooner we get to that point the better we will be as a society where you and jd burke are our cultural beacons. the last thing anyone associated with hockey wants to hear is actual hockey players shooting the shit, when we could be entertained by people like you and jd burke reciting stats.
What an idiotic post. Well done.

I didn’t mention anything about JD burke and you lumped us in together twice.

Keep up the outstandingly disingenuous posting.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Cant believe I'm the one that's gonna be defending Trump but what you're saying isn't factual at all and you're buying into journalistic malpractice.

Not sure how people can still believe this after the minority voter turnout for him either.

This is veering far from the Bobby Orr topic which was at least quasi-hockey and I don't really want to get a warning, but are you actually saying that Trump isn't courting the support of neo-Nazis and white supremacists?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
What an idiotic post. Well done.

I didn’t mention anything about JD burke and you lumped us in together twice.

Keep up the outstandingly disingenuous posting.

so the premise of your post is that i can't draw any comparisons between what you and jd burke say unless you expressly make that comparison yourself first?

lol. that's not how debate works bub.

seems you fail at logic as well as having a sense of humour.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
so the premise of your post is that i can't draw any comparisons between what you and jd burke say unless you expressly make that comparison yourself first?

Are you and the Mogilny To Bure kid the same person? Nobody else could really actually use “bub”.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019

Anyway...

You specifically lumped me and JD burke and “stats” together. You want a stat from me? 1. That’s the amount of times you linked me and jd and stats. Another stat is that is one more time than I believed you did. Stat- times I was wrong a little here- 1. Anyway. You think what you do and I do what I do. There is no value in continuing. Be well.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
CNN is my go to network for US information. Has been since its conception. I think it’s fairly common knowledge though, that CNN, like the majority of “so called” news media sources, is biased.
I like their hosts, so I tune in.
It’s like our local sport’s radio. We have two choices: 1040 or 650. I accept 1040 expresses their bias against the Canucks, but I prefer their and guests, so I listen to them.

I don't think that's a fair comparison though. 1040 and 650 hosts do ask audiences and guests their thoughts on the matter without being dismissive or rude. CNN hosts/anchors today is more akin to the old Dan Russell Sportstalk days where if you don't agree with him he basically cuts you off and dismisses you as being ignorant ++.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Are you and the Mogilny To Bure kid the same person? Nobody else could really actually use “bub”.

how many humourless angry posts by you is this now because i compared your humourlessness to jd burke's humourlessness?

talk about proof of concept bub.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
how many humourless angry posts by you is this now because i compared your humourlessness to jd burke's humourlessness?

talk about proof of concept bub.
I don’t know much about JD Burke. I know he has a small radio show on the weekends with one of the Andrews over at 1040, but I don’t listen to the radio much during the weekend.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I’m not a fan of JD Burke nor am I a hater of him, like most local media. I don’t feel I learn much listening to him but the over the top hate he gets is weird.

Seems like there’s a lot of people that hate him and yet doesn’t come close to the garbage that is Bar Stool and SC.

Maybe people hate him because he doesn’t align with their pro Benning takes or he makes you feel stupid?

And also, 99% of canuck podcasts are absolute garbage. I didn’t say 100 because Vancast is not bad because of team access.

Reactions: Shattered Dreams

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I’m not a fan of JD Burke nor am I a hater of him, like most local media. I don’t feel I learn much listening to him but the over the top hate he gets is weird.

Seems like there’s a lot of people that hate him and yet doesn’t come close to the garbage that is Bar Stool and SC.

Maybe people hate him because he doesn’t align with their pro Benning takes or he makes you feel stupid?

And also, 99% of canuck podcasts are absolute garbage. I didn’t say 100 because Vancast is not bad because of team access.

Are you sure you aren't mixing the sides? His Granlund is awesome takes didn't sit well with the Shinkaruk for Granlund deal haters.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Are you sure you aren't mixing the sides? His Granlund is awesome takes didn't sit well with the Shinkaruk for Granlund deal haters.
I mean he’s been pretty anti Benning. I also remember he preferred Nichuskin to Bo so it’s not like he absolutely nails his calls

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
JD Burke is a very good hockey analyst. I don't find the guy to be very likeable, but that's not how most media personalities are judged; the work he does with EliteProspects is top notch, he's a good writer, he seems to genuinely grind it out to get the best coverage he can and he understands the sport. He's also exactly the sort of radio personality that generates ratings. TSN probably loves the guy - I'd bet JD will be covering the Canucks and hockey in one way or another for a long time, if he wants.

The hate he gets is purely for his... flamboyant political takes. Don't follow him on Twitter or any of his other personal platforms then? :dunno:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
JD Burke is a very good hockey analyst. I don't find the guy to be very likeable, but that's not how most media personalities are judged; the work he does with EliteProspects is top notch, he's a good writer, he seems to genuinely grind it out to get the best coverage he can and he understands the sport. He's also exactly the sort of radio personality that generates ratings. TSN probably loves the guy - I'd bet JD will be covering the Canucks and hockey in one way or another for a long time, if he wants.

The hate he gets is purely for his... flamboyant political takes. Don't follow him on Twitter or any of his other personal platforms then? :dunno:

I tend to agree. It would have been better if he owned up to some of his bad takes but I appreciate him sticking his neck out there. It does seem like he put in a lot of work in to actually watch and "scout" prospects.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I think (I hope anyway) that he plays a bit of a character when JD is on the radio. Kind of like a heel in wrestling, definitely hams it up a bit.

Reactions: m9

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Bump...
I will not listen to Sekeres and Price again. The uninformed babble today rose to the level of offensive.

Reactions: EdJovanovski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->