Eklund Rumor: Vancouver interested in Cody Ceci

c3po

Feb 25, 2006
To be fair I was thinking about this a while ago. Simply due to Ceci being a very Jim Benning type of player.
if ceci goes to vancouver, what would the return be? could any players on vancouver interest ottawa?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Any GM that thinks THIS has value deserves to be shot directly into the sun.
cecixco93

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
good points but both teams are rebuilding. maybe there could be a 1-1 swap similar to the spooner-gagner deal?

No, OTT would leave a lot of trade value on the table just to please Vancouver with that kind of move. They must trade for value right now, loosing all their star players in less than 9months. If Ceci leaves it's for prospect and/or picks.

c3po

Feb 25, 2006
No, OTT would leave a lot of trade value on the table just to please Vancouver with that kind of move. They must trade for value right now, loosing all their star players in less than 9months. If Ceci leaves it's for prospect and/or picks.
i think vancouver wont trade this years picks, but they could trade 2020 picks and some prospects. i heard dahlen could be on the move.. would ottawa be interested in reacquiring him?

Reactions: uncleben

c3po

Feb 25, 2006
I’d want Baertschi/Leivo.
i doubt van trades leivo... hes been good since coming to vancouver and they recently acquired him. they could trade baertschi but hes injured and has had an injury problem concussion related

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
I’d love Ceci in Vancouver, but I wouldn’t pay much beyond Pouliot + a prospect like Palmu

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I’d want Baertschi/Leivo.
This is a huge stretch in value for Ceci, the Canucks don’t need more defenceman who suck. Plus isn’t he an RFA with arbitration eligibility and a 4+ million dollar qualifying offer? Canucks made this mistake with Gudbranson already.

Reactions: GoldyNuck

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
A pairing of Ceci and Gudbranson would be a sight to behold.

Both of Ottawa's 2019 seconds and Ceci for an inconsequential piece should be about fair. What Benning would do is unlikely to be that, though.
Except he's an expiring RFA (forced to play a top 2 role instead of a #4 which is what he should be) so he can't really have negative value. Sure his cap hit is 4.3M but that hardly matters at the deadline. Wouldn't really affect his value. You could literally trade a 2nd for him, use him for the rest of the year, and the probably flip him for a 2nd (at least a 3rd) at the draft. Basically a near-free rental.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Except he's an expiring RFA (forced to play a top 2 role instead of a #4 which is what he should be) so he can't really have negative value. Sure his cap hit is 4.3M but that hardly matters at the deadline. Wouldn't really affect his value. You could literally trade a 2nd for him, use him for the rest of the year, and the probably flip him for a 2nd (at least a 3rd) at the draft. Basically a near-free rental.
Yeah, good one.

You shouldn't f***ing die on the ice just because you're playing a role you aren't suited for. Ceci has never shown anything indicating any kind of on-ice value.

Besides, he is a RFA with an obnoxious qualifying offer. If he doesn't become a UFA after this year, some team will have f***ed up in a massive way.

Reactions: tyhee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad