Vancouver has scored the second most goals in the league

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
They are 12th in goals per game.....

They've got some crazy unsustainable shooting percentages for about 8 guys on the squad.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict they will drop down the rankings as the season progresses.
Yep. Dat dere shooting luck

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Great point. I mean, heaven forbid Canucks fans enjoy this,

Who said they couldn't? They should enjoy playing well and are doing far better than anyone expected, but context is always needed. 10th in GPG is way above what most expected, so lets celebrate that.

Or we could just close our eyes to facts and be blissfully ignorant.

Reactions: hittes petr sykora

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Who said they couldn't? They should enjoy playing well and are doing far better than anyone expected, but context is always needed. 10th in GPG is way above what most expected, so lets celebrate that.

or you could just leave us to cheer about something >.>

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Hutton robbed a couple he had no business robbing and they hit a crossbar on a clean look in OT or they’d have easily scored a half dozen today. High danger chances come quick and the whole team has the mentality to turn and skate hard up ice when they gain possession. A lot of teams I watch, including the one I root for, don’t have that mentality.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
They are actually weirdly VERY entertaining to watch this year... Usually im never interested in watching their games but this year i find i am going outta my way the most to watch their games

Reactions: pettersson

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Because the Edmonton method of full tank mode has helped them so much? The kids need confidence and a winning culture. Screw a first overall pick if it means your team progresses

Why do people still preach this. Edmonton sucks and still kind of does because they aren’t insulating their top picks with solid veterans. Milan Lucic is the best they can do? Chicago did it best. Insulated Toews and Kane with Hossa/Ladd/Sharp etc.

Penguins in 2009, the exact same formula. Insulated Crosby/Mallon with Dupuis/Kunitz/Guerin etc.

Edmonton has just not got the proper players to help out McDavid/Draisaitl. Milan f***ing Lucic is a boat anchor, and not much help.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver

No one needs "context". We're enjoying the fact right now that we're doing so well. Everything has to be about the Leafs and/or Matthews/Tavares I guess.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
No one needs "context". We're enjoying the fact right now that we're doing so well. Everything has to be about the Leafs and/or Matthews/Tavares I guess.

So we are just making up things? They are 13th in GPG, that's really good for a team everyone expected to be in a lottery position. Why not enjoy and celebrate that? If you want to be blissfully ignorant, by all means do that, but understand anyone who commonsense will see the reality of the landscape, and that's not a knock on the Canucks.

I haven't seen anything about the Leafs until you brought them up...

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
So we are just making up things? They are 13th in GPG, that's really good for a team everyone expected to be in a lottery position. Why not enjoy and celebrate that? If you want to be blissfully ignorant, by all means do that, but understand anyone who commonsense will see the reality of the landscape, and that's not a knock on the Canucks.

I haven't seen anything about the Leafs until you brought them up...
We were just "enjoying and celebrating that", until you came in here.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
That's pretty surprising and good for them ! How is their defense ? Could they be a surprise this year or in a year or two?

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
That's pretty surprising and good for them ! How is their defense ? Could they be a surprise this year or in a year or two?

Terrible.

They are on the rise but need more wingers, defensemen, and a goalie. If Tryamkin comes back next year and Hughes and juolevi make the team we could be pretty good next year bit we’d still need wingers and Demko to contribute. Hughes will totally transform the team though with how they play.

Reactions: abo9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad