Vancouver has scored the second most goals in the league

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
An early season surprise for sure. The team has some good young talent, can they keep it up? I don't know, have to see what happens.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Pettersson to Vancouveer is like Matthews to Toronto. The rest of the rebuild is easier once #1 C is established. They don't need any huge win at the draft lottery they already got it. Horvat was never going to be the elite #1 C you need for a cup but Pettersson probably is.

This is 100% accurate.Going into this season most of the fan base was expecting a bottom 5 finish and hopefully landing a #1 center prospect like Jack Hughes as Pettersson was projected as likely being a winger and we would still need a 1C to work with him.
Pettersson’s emergence takes care of that and now our main needs are LW’s and RHS Dmen,especially defensive minded ones.Were goong to need an eventual Tanev replacement and just more depth in general on the right side.Luckily these kind of players can be found with later 1st round picks and later on in the draft as well.
I think as a fan base we can breathe a sigh of relief and stop cheering for the tank to land a badly needed franchise player and just enjoy a winning young team for a change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Pettersson’s emergence takes care of that and now our main needs are LW’s and RHS Dmen,especially defensive minded onesWere Going to need an eventual Tanev replacement

Why not just re-sign Chris Tanev? He's only 28 and his game is based on sound positioning, so he's likely to have a significant decline over the next several years. Given the emergence of young talent, the team can no longer afford to trade the only youngish quality veteran defenceman on the roster.

Takumi3000

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
I thought it would be best at the start of the year to tank for Hughes especially because we have his brother and the coming draft is held in Vancouver. But the success despite all the injuries is making me think twice. Oilers wish they could be in our situation this early. They have been tanking forever with limited results. Also, knowing the Canucks draft curse, we won’t be picking #1. Even without any curses, finishing dead last nets you an 80% chance of missing out on that #1 pick.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
There are plenty of teams who don't have a single winger as good as Boeser (even if he is out right now)

That's my point.. hes injured right now. And besides , this year Boeser isn't the same as last year Boeser. Every team in the NHL has a player that is on the current level of Boeser.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Why not just re-sign Chris Tanev? He's only 28 and his game is based on sound positioning, so he's likely to have a significant decline over the next several years. Given the emergence of young talent, the team can no longer afford to trade the only youngish quality veteran defenceman on the roster.

I didn’t say we should get rid if Tanev.In fact,we 100% need to re-sign Chris Tanev but we will still need to find a replacement eventually as he is getting older and has absorbed a lot of abuse already.We need to keep drafting guys who could take over his role down the road as some won’t make it and even if we do find that player,it will be a number of years until he’s ready to assume that role.Better to start looking sooner than waiting too long and being like the Leafs with no good options for a first pairing RH Dman and not able to acquire one without having to give up other key pieces.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
See Oilers for why this doesn't work like this.
See the penguins, blackhawks and Kong’s for why it does.

Edmonton was beset with stupid management which signed stupid contracts which is exactly what we have.

Also there are 8 players shooting over 14% right now on the canucks. That’s gonna fall big time so let’s wait until jan to start threads claiming we don’t need to continue rebuilding

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
I didn’t say we should get rid if Tanev.In fact,we 100% need to re-sign Chris Tanev but we will still need to find a replacement eventually as he is getting older and has absorbed a lot of abuse already.We need to keep drafting guys who could take over his role down the road as some won’t make it and even if we do find that player,it will be a number of years until he’s ready to assume that role.Better to start looking sooner than waiting too long and being like the Leafs with no good options for a first pairing RH Dman and not able to acquire one without having to give up other key pieces.

D is definitely the Canucks biggest need. If they don’t want to wallow in mediocrity like the Oilers have for most of the past 15 years, they need at least 2 young prospects who can become top-pair D. Hughes should fill 1 of those spots. They need to find a RHD who can also be a PP quarterback. And hopefully between Woo, Brassard, and Chatfield, the Nucks have 1 prospect who can become a solid shutdown 4/5 D and solid puck mover.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
See the penguins, blackhawks and Kong’s for why it does.

Edmonton was beset with stupid management which signed stupid contracts which is exactly what we have.

Also there are 8 players shooting over 14% right now on the canucks. That’s gonna fall big time so let’s wait until jan to start threads claiming we don’t need to continue rebuilding

donkey-kong-64-rap-intro-1280x720.jpg

Reactions: eviohh26 and xtra

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
yeah....
To..totally sustainable
Hockey is funny

They are 12th in goals per game.....

They've got some crazy unsustainable shooting percentages for about 8 guys on the squad.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict they will drop down the rankings as the season progresses.

Feb 24, 2017
They are 12th in goals per game.....

They've got some crazy unsustainable shooting percentages for about 8 guys on the squad.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict they will drop down the rankings as the season progresses.
Who do you think finishes higher after 82 games?
The Canucks with their unsustainable shooting?
Or my Kings with their old coach?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad