Vancouver has scored the second most goals in the league

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
There is no explanation for the success that the Canucks have had this season. Pettersson has been unreal though.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
all the so called hockey experts who said the Canucks would struggle score a goal with the Sedins gone are sure quiet af right now lmao.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Pettersson and Horvat playing like number one centres really helps.

Adding a Franchise Centre like Pettersson just gives the team this offensive swagger and it rubs off on all the players. His presence is invaluable.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
We have Jake Virtanen who has stolen Seguin's fanbase (14,000+)
oscar-klefbom-2018-41.jpg

Oscar says: Sit down guys!

lawrence

May 19, 2012
58 goals against 4th worst in the league tells me when the scoring stops they will start losing a lot of games.

because we have injuries to our defence too. 4 straight games without our top 2, and currently still without Edler.

Reactions: Canucks LB

lawrence

May 19, 2012
The Edmonton method also got you EP. another EP would come in handy is all I’m saying for the long run.

if you like EP so much then Kindly suggest the leafs to tank if you think its so good for the long run. It's not like the Laffs are going to win the cup anyways. It also shows you know absolutely nothing if you think there is another ep in the 2019 draft let alone, getting pass the lottery balls. 3 straight years of tanking of losing is good enough. If Pettersson is changing things earlier then expected then so be it.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
if you like EP so much then Kindly suggest the leafs to tank if you think its so good for the long run. It's not like the Laffs are going to win the cup anyways. It also shows you know absolutely nothing if you think there is another ep in the 2019 draft let alone, getting pass the lottery balls. 3 straight years of tanking of losing is good enough. If Pettersson is changing things earlier then expected then so be it.

To be honest, I wish the Leafs had one more year to nab a high pick. It's great having a few studs, but I still would have liked one more high pick, imagine adding Heiskanen/Makar/Pettersson to our current core?

Anyways, no need to get all grumpy about it. We didn't know EP would be this good back in 2017, so there is no way of knowing if you could get a similar player this year.

I expect the Canucks to fall in the standings, and for this hot start to keep them right around that 10th in the West range. Maybe they prove me wrong, ala the Leafs in 2017?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
To be honest, I wish the Leafs had one more year to nab a high pick. It's great having a few studs, but I still would have liked one more high pick, imagine adding Heiskanen/Makar/Pettersson to our current core?

Anyways, no need to get all grumpy about it. We didn't know EP would be this good back in 2017, so there is no way of knowing if you could get a similar player this year.

I expect the Canucks to fall in the standings, and for this hot start to keep them right around that 10th in the West range. Maybe they prove me wrong, ala the Leafs in 2017?
They might as well have considering their last 5 high picks have turned into either top-line players or superstars. Replace Morgan Rielly with Cam Barker, and William Nylander with Jack Skille. :laugh:

See Oilers for why this doesn't work like this.
Bad drafting and trades?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
There is no explanation for the success that the Canucks have had this season. Pettersson has been unreal though.

Yes there is. Canucks are conducting team-building activities on the road while every other team is playing Fortnite. Who would have thought that archery tag and axe throwing was the secret to success?

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The amount of goals they’re scoring is surprising and likely unsustainable. Right now they’re a really fun team to watch. Looks like Horvat has taken another big step at almost a PPG, playing against the top line and taking almost half the face offs. Virtanen is starting to emerge as is Ben Hutton The goals against should drop somewhat when Sutter, Beagle and Edler are healthy again as they are three key defensive players. Just enjoying the ride right now and the Pettersson show.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
58 goals against 4th worst in the league tells me when the scoring stops they will start losing a lot of games.

If the scoring stops, Boeser, Horvat and Pettersson are pretty solid players to carry our offence. There’s no questions that our D and goaltending need improvements, we also need more help on the wings. The rebuild is coming along nicely but we still got a bit of work to do.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
The Edmonton method also got you EP. another EP would come in handy is all I’m saying for the long run.

I mean it did and it didn’t. We dropped 3 spots from 2nd to 5th and he was there. Also they didn’t tank that year, they were just a train wreck and a drunk toddler coaches better than WD

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013

Lol, thx captain obvious!

The nucks offense actually looks for real, an incredible early surprise. I figured we were still a few years away from scoring like this. Pettersen is really that good and it’s nice to see virtanen taking that step. Horvat just continues to get better and better. Our D and G’s are not good and won’t be good for a while unless demko is ready sooner than it looks and some long shot D prospects made huge strides. Juolevi could really use a big year and hopefully Hughes is as good as he looks. Still gonna need more help on the blue line to support that offense in the years to come.

This start is such a great thing for the nucks and their fans, been seeing some pretty terrible hockey the last 3 seasons so the goals and, more importantly, creative hockey has been awesome to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->