hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Not anymore, #2 now
I know, this is a stupid topic

It's not a stupid topic.
Isn't he dreamy.
He's finally realizing that offensive potential that we saw in his draft year.

9bd8e8f57c99451d4132b1a01f47de6c.jpg

Reactions: Kel Varnson

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
upload_2018-11-9_11-19-52.png

What is going on :laugh:. I really expect them to come crashing down soon, this is really not sustainable.

Rydgar

Jul 15, 2010
Surrey, BC
That's insane considering we've probably got the most injuries to opening night roster players in the league. Boeser, Sutter, Baertchi, Beagle, Edler and Pettersson for 5ish games.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Highly amusing season. Team is bottom 5 in the NHL on paper but some guys are playing well above where anyone thought they would be... in particular Pettersson and Hutton.

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Highly amusing season. Team is bottom 5 in the NHL on paper but some guys are playing well above where anyone thought they would be... in particular Pettersson and Hutton.

Wouldn't say it's bottom 5 on paper. There are a buttload of 1st rounders in that lineup. It's sheer accumulation of talent, even if it's not completely high-end, like playing against 2nd liners on every line. It's just a solid team up and down the lineup.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Wouldn't say it's bottom 5 on paper. There are a buttload of 1st rounders in that lineup. It's sheer accumulation of talent, even if it's not completely high-end, like playing against 2nd liners on every line. It's just a solid team up and down the lineup.

Pedigree doeasn't always mean good and the first round isn't that predictable after the top 3. Defense (especially with all the injuries) certainly looks bottom 5 and top 2 lines are filled with young players and an aging Eriksson. Goal-tending is flaky and unspectacular.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

You cant name a team with worse d and wingers in the league.

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Pedigree doeasn't always mean good and the first round isn't that predictable after the top 3. Defense (especially with all the injuries) certainly looks bottom 5 and top 2 lines are filled with young players and an aging Eriksson. Goal-tending is flaky and unspectacular.

But all of your forwards play hard and are creative. No one is a glaring liability especially since they can all skate (1st rounders are expected to be able to skate well). The defensemen have not been a source of offense but the skilled forwards have picked up the slack.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

tfu92

Nov 8, 2018
we live in a world where a 0.23ppg and 0.27ppg career average players anchor the 1RW and 1LW of the 2nd highest goal scoring team in the NHL. truly spectacular

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Halak came into the game #1 in the NHL in save % and GAA, he fell to 5th

hqdefault.jpg

Boston is a cup contender

hqdefault.jpg

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think the Canucks are legitimately underrated this year with their healthy lineup, but this recent success with the injuries is 100% on opponents taking them lightly and the Canucks busting their asses off + the confidence they've built allows them to capitalize on chances.

In games where opponents have come ready to play it's been a different story.

I don't blame teams though.. Getting up for the Canucks is one thing, but getting up for the Canucks plagued with injuries is another. There's just no "scare" factor with them besides Pettersson but he's just one player and someone who most players in the league have never seen live.

I've watched maybe 5 games and i get the exact same vibes as with the Knights games early on last year in terms of opponents thinking it's going to be an easy night.

I think all these injuries happening now is a blessing in disguise. When the Canucks start struggling they get guys back in the lineup giving them a boost and not the other way around like last year. Who knows they could even make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I think the Canucks are legitimately underrated this year with their healthy lineup, but this recent success with the injuries is 100% on opponents taking them lightly and the Canucks busting their asses off + the confidence they've built allows them to capitalize on chances.

In games where opponents have come ready to play it's been a different story.

I don't blame teams though.. Getting up for the Canucks is one thing, but getting up for the Canucks plagued with injuries is another. There's just no "scare" factor with them besides Pettersson but he's just one player and someone who most players in the league have never seen live.

I've watched maybe 5 games and i get the exact same vibes as with the Knights games early on last year.

I think all these injuries happening now is a blessing in disguise. When the Canucks start struggling they get guys back in the lineup giving them a boost and not the other way around like last year.

Vegas dominated the fancy stats. They rightfully deserved to be in the finals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad