OT: Vancouver Giants Thread

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Not sure what happened in Game 2, but I expect they'll come out pissed off tonight. Had Giants winning in 5 anyway, winning the next three isn't exactly impossible with the way this team has played.

Also, WHL Live is the biggest ripoff I have ever seen for a streaming service.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Game 2 looked bad but I would still say the Giants carried the play. Seattle got some goals against the flow of play and the Giants had trouble finishing. The Giants definitely didn’t play as well as they did in game 1 but they still looked like the better team. I think they’ll sweep the rest of the series.

Wonder if they’ll go with Miner tonight again.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Not sure what happened in Game 2, but I expect they'll come out pissed off tonight. Had Giants winning in 5 anyway, winning the next three isn't exactly impossible with the way this team has played.

Also, WHL Live is the biggest ripoff I have ever seen for a streaming service.

LOL yeah. It’d be better for the league as a whole to get Sportsnet or someone to carry their games. I’d infinitely prefer to watch junior hockey than poker or some of the other crap the sports channels carry.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
LOL yeah. It’d be better for the league as a whole to get Sportsnet or someone to carry their games. I’d infinitely prefer to watch junior hockey than poker or some of the other crap the sports channels carry.

That we have 5 TSN channels and 3 Sportsnet channels and have to watch WHL and AHL games on shitty streams in this market while those channels are carrying poker/WWE/endless Sportscentre reruns for 60% of every day is just revolting.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Game 2 looked bad but I would still say the Giants carried the play. Seattle got some goals against the flow of play and the Giants had trouble finishing. The Giants definitely didn’t play as well as they did in game 1 but they still looked like the better team. I think they’ll sweep the rest of the series.

Wonder if they’ll go with Miner tonight again.

Good bounce back tonight with Tendeck in net, although I don’t think it was a goaltenders’ game (6-4 win). Byram with another 3 points.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Woof did the Giants ever blow game 4. Had a nice lead and then just stopped playing basically. Not much Tendeck could do on a lot of those goals but he didn’t play well either. Goaltending is supposed to be a major strength but it’s not so far this series. Either way the Giants need to get their heads out of their collective asses and start respecting their opponent.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He’s not a high-upside guy by any stretch but I have no idea how Nolan Volcan still doesn’t have an NHL contract.

Massive motor. Could step into a checking role in Utica right now.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Ugh...was listening in the car up to the end of the 2nd period. We were up 3-1. Can't believe we blew it, though we were handily outplayed in the 2nd.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Game tonight was entertaining as all hell, albeit terribly reffed. Giants eked out a 3-2 win. Byram is absolutely electrifying with the puck on his stick. Would love to have him on this team.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Are any of these games televised via cable or other means?

Thanms

Not as of yet. I’ve tuned in to a few on a WHL Live (highway robbery, but I want to see the team play). I imagine if they get into the finals, Sportsnet might pick up some of the games - I seem to recall them doing so last time the Giants got that far.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Yeah, one year Telus also showed them but never told anyone lol. I remeber flipping channels and came across it.

And yes that WHL Live is way too pricey.

Thanks. I’ll have to keep a look out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad