Vancouver gets 2006 WJCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Good decision, I suppose...

Will be a good tune-up for the Olympics, I suppose...

I guess I'll have to reconcile with my west-coast family members, I suppose... :)

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
MANNNNN!!!

Now us folks out east need to stay up till 11 or 12 just before games begin!!!

Oh well hehe

How do you think it feels for us people out west that had to get up at 5 in the morning to watch WJC games this year? :p

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Koltsov said:
How do you think it feels for us people out west that had to get up at 5 in the morning to watch WJC games this year? :p

LOL i try not to think about the people out west ;)

Yeah i know. That must have sucked. I had trouble getting up at 8 to watch the games this year.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
The games will be played in both GM Place & Pacific Coliseum.

No offense to the Eastern cities that put in bids, but this was the right one. BC has never played host to the WJC tournament - in fact, it's never been West of Alberta I don't think.

I'd like to see Ottawa get it one of these years too. Or maybe New York.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Zednik20 said:
Nice... wonder what ticket prices will be like.

Halifax sold 20 game packages (All Canada Group games, and Medal Round) for like 500-600 bucks. Thats around 30 bucks a game.

Scalpers were getting up to 150 a game for Canada games. And up to 350 for the Gold Game!! So id advise anyone to buy a couple packages then sell the other packages Canada tickets.

Although Scalping is Legal in Nova Scotia. Not sure about BC.

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Sweet, Finally its out west.

Finally out west? Weren't they in Winnipeg and Saskatoon and Red Deer?

When were they last in Central Canada? Hamilton in like 1976?

I'm not surprised by the decision given Vancouver should host some events before the Olympics and I'm sure Vancouver will be a great host city. I think it's interesting that one of the 3 voting members was elected into the BC Hockey Hall of Fame 2 weeks ago...nice.

How many ticket packages did Vancouver sell?

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Brutal Decision.

Ottawa,Kitchener and London all average some of the best junior crowds in the country and should be rewarded for their patronage to the developement of the game.

Vancouver-Kelowna 4hrs
Vancouver-Victoria 3hrs
Vancouver to Kamloops 3hrs
Kelowna-Victoria 7hrs
Kelowna-Kamloops 2 hrs
Kamloops-Victoria 7hrs

London-Kitchener 1 hour

2 arenas in Ottawa-Under an hour

Smart Choice.

RutlandRalph

Well i think this is an awesome decision, not just because i live in Kelowna but it is gonna help Vancity gear up for the best olympics ever. Who cares how far away the games are from Victoria, they aint being played there. And there is no better place to be in the Month of December than British Columbia...I dont know another city as beautiful as these three so it is also a good way to market our country...if other countries pick up these games lol

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
OneSpeedOnly said:
Brutal Decision.

Ottawa,Kitchener and London all average some of the best junior crowds in the country and should be rewarded for their patronage to the developement of the game.

Vancouver-Kelowna 4hrs
Vancouver-Victoria 3hrs
Vancouver to Kamloops 3hrs
Kelowna-Victoria 7hrs
Kelowna-Kamloops 2 hrs
Kamloops-Victoria 7hrs

London-Kitchener 1 hour

2 arenas in Ottawa-Under an hour

Smart Choice.

Why does distance matter?

Each pool plays at one facility. After that they all move to the big one. Its not like they travel for games then head back.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
I seriously wonder if Ottawa is going to bid again next time. Jeff Hunt pretty much feels that the last 2 tourneys had predetermined winners, (he claims that he knew 5 minutes after his bid that they were going to pick Vancouver). Continually getting dicked around at the end of the bidding process must be VERY irritating for him...

The Big P

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
I thought they mentioned in the Press conference that Kelowna and Victoria were going to host games. Am I right or did I misunderstand?

RutlandRalph

The Big P said:
I thought they mentioned in the Press conference that Kelowna and Victoria were going to host games. Am I right or did I misunderstand?

actually it will be Kelowna and kamloops with games in GM place and Pafic Colusium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->