Proposal: Vancouver - Detroit (Proposal)

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Well, after reading the NYR proposal for Larkin
I thought I would propose a trade where Larkin is guaranteed to stay in Detroit

Vancouver Offers

LHD - Hutton @ 50% + 2020 3rd

for

Franzen + Detroit's 2019 2nd + NYI's 2019 2nd

(I will also offer Granlund/Gaunce as a throw in at 50%) Both of which are very sound defensively. But either way, we are after your 2- 2019 2nds

The way I am seeing it is we are taking Franzen's $8,000,000 and it's ability to clear cap, where you then would have the ability to sign and Hutton would give you a nice chance at a reclamation project that isn't already finished.

Fransen's 8M is equal to Detroits 2nd and half of NYI's 2nd
The other half gets you Hutton, with no risk. Hutton has a much higher ceiling that a 30% chance of a 2nd making it...…….The 2020 3rd takes away the argument.

PS,,,,,,,we would also put LHD - MDZ in instead of Hutton

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Detroit doesn’t need cap space. I’m amazed people on this site know so little about the salary cap.

Bigleaffan48

Mar 13, 2015
Detroit doesn’t need cap space. I’m amazed people on this site know so little about the salary cap.
How much do you expect Larkin to sign for? They have 2.8 million in cap space, obviously your thinking LTIR for someone? 2 roster spots still to fill and if you LTIR someone that means 3 spots to fill. Just want to see what you think they are going to do. The cap looks on paper to be tight unless Larkin is coming in around 2 million

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
How much do you expect Larkin to sign for? They have 2.8 million in cap space, obviously your thinking LTIR for someone? 2 roster spots still to fill and if you LTIR someone that means 3 spots to fill. Just want to see what you think they are going to do. The cap looks on paper to be tight unless Larkin is coming in around 2 million

Franzen goes on LTIR and Larkin signs for around 6 million.

Reactions: Bigleaffan48

Bigleaffan48

Mar 13, 2015
Franzen goes on LTIR and Larkin signs for around 6 million.
That's what I thought you would say. I know for the Leafs the issue is if you LTIR someone then you can't use that savings to pay the bonus overages which I think the Leafs have to make sure they clear up this year. I don't think you have to worry about the 755,000 you guys have

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
That's what I thought you would say. I know for the Leafs the issue is if you LTIR someone then you can't use that savings to pay the bonus overages which I think the Leafs have to make sure they clear up this year. I don't think you have to worry about the 755,000 you guys have

Detroit doesn’t have the same issues as the Leafs. They don’t have the young players that are likely to hit bonuses. While the Leafs are likely to add cap at the deadline, the Wings are likely to shed it. Detroit is also shedding a lot of salary next season, while the Leafs are going to be piling cap on

Bigleaffan48

Mar 13, 2015
Detroit doesn’t have the same issues as the Leafs. They don’t have the young players that are likely to hit bonuses. While the Leafs are likely to add cap at the deadline, the Wings are likely to shed it. Detroit is also shedding a lot of salary next season, while the Leafs are going to be piling cap on
I agree, I think they need to get through this season without LTIR'ing Hortons salary.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Well, my understanding is you have to have Franzen in your lineup on opening day.....
So, if you sign Larkin for 6.5 M...……...you guys will still be 1 man short
(21 players today + Larkin + ?(league minimum approx. $700,000 = about 4.5 M over cap)
Yes, I understand, you can send him down the next day)
So even after you put Franzen on the LTIR, you will be tight.
Vancouver's offer gives you huge freedom, and Hutton still has good upside, especially at 50%

So, you guys say you have no problems, you have no problems

But, you guys take an offer, and make no counter offer...…..

Maybe the offer is

Hutton at 50% + a 2o2o 3rd

for

Fransen's 8M + Det. 2019 2nd + Det. 2019 3rd

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
No, they can keep him on LTIR until opening day and then place him on it. We just won't accrue as much money towards the deadline as you normally would, which for Detroit is fine, seeing as Nyquist will be traded by the deadline among maybe others, so we will be shedding cap. That is how it was described by people who actually understand all the legal mumbo jumbo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad