Player Discussion Vancouver Canucks Top 10 Prospects

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Great job, I felt the prospect projection were a little too high on some of them. I would had Woo as a 2nd pairing upside. Madden third line center. Lind and Macewan bottom 6 wingers

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
In 20-21 this team is going to be scary. Hoglander Pettersson Boeser ... XXX Horvat Podkolzin as your 1st 2 lines will be scary. About 6 different players could fill the XXX spot. Heck Virtanen Horvat Podkolzin is a line that no team will want to face.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
When I was writing this piece I got even more excited about the future of the team. Check out my take on the top 10 prospects on the Canucks! You can probably guess who was number one ;)

https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-top-ten-prospects-2019-20/

Ok not to be a downer here but where can I buy the extremely rose coloured glasses you are obviously wearing? Maybe HFB can do a group buy as they really seem to put an incredible spin on our prospects.

This is one challenge our fan base has (which all fan bases are guilty of). Vastly over rating our prospects. I highly doubt 1/2 of the people on that list will consistently make the show.........you have most everyone turning out as 1st or 2nd line players..........

I love the optimism but realistically it's a weeee bit far fetched.........

forget

Jul 6, 2019
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Woo projection as a top pairing. I’m pretty high on the guy myself and I’m hoping he can crack the top 4.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Why not put time frames on the projections? You can see what the players will become, but can't see when they will become them?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Kole Lind: "Second line right-winger, capable of filling in on the top line."

Thatcher Demko, bordering on elite.

Jett Woo, top-pairing defenseman.

OK, then.

It's like it never changes.

It used to be "Just wait 'till Tully and Girard get here, the Canucks are going to be so good!"

Then "With Ference and Allen back there our defense will be a wall!"

Then "Holden, Druken, Umberger – so much scoring depth!"

Now we're at the point where we call selections genius minutes after the draft has ended and any GM could have selected the player before he went on the basis of identical information.

Maybe, just maybe, there is some relativity there. Most drafted players are very good at the level they're playing at. The thing is, this is another couple of levels up.

It is considerably more likely that not a single player on this list (except Hughes) even becomes an NHL regular than that they all reach these projections.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
But, yes, the Canucks' prospects do all look really f***ing good when you just decide that they're all really good.

Reactions: Jyrki21

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Some seriously optimistic projections... But I guess that was by design.

This was the most ridiculous thing I’ve honestly read today.

Kole Lind a top 10 prospect , had 5 goals in 51 games.

Zack Mackewen “capable of playing on the 2nd line when needed”. What in the actual F?

Ollie Juolevi “able to step in to top pair if needed”. The kid likely won’t play 50 NHL games in his career. Can’t defend. Constantly injured.

Who writes this nonsense?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Zack Mackewen “capable of playing on the 2nd line when needed”. What in the actual F?

Ollie Juolevi “able to step in to top pair if needed”. The kid likely won’t play 50 NHL games in his career. Can’t defend. Constantly injured.

I think its one of those "balance" guys. They think the articles being written are too negative so he writes articles that are too positive to balance the discourse. Just a guess.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

Meh the hockey writers whole site sucks. There really isn’t a good defensible piece on there

He has pettersson on the all time team on his article for gods sake.

Reactions: Johnny Canucker

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I would also be excited about the prospect pool if I raised every players ceilings up a level or two from what is commonly believed/rational and as a consequence the floor is also raised so nearly everyone projects as a NHL player. It won't happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->