Pre-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks @ Seattle Kraken 7pm PST. Saturday October 23rd ESPN +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Surprised there's not a thread started already.

HOME OPENER!!!

Absolutely buzzing to watch this. Got to send our fans home happy with a win. Hoping the team have cleaned up some of the mistakes and built a bit more chemistry during practice this week.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I will say, I thought the game would be on the main ESPN or ESPN 2 channel and be made more accessible to watch for this first home game in a new market. There's lot of interest for the game here and no competition for viewership- Huskies play friday, Sounders at noon saturday, Seahawks not till Monday.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I will say, I thought the game would be on the main ESPN or ESPN 2 channel and be made more accessible to watch for this first home game in a new market. There's lot of interest for the game here and no competition for viewership- Huskies play friday, Sounders at noon saturday, Seahawks not till Monday.

Here's the problem the Networks for national TV games don't do weekend games this earily in the season due to the other sports leagues going on. Weekend national tv games won't happen until janurary at the earilest once the NFL/colle

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Here's the problem the Networks for national TV games don't do weekend games this earily in the season due to the other sports leagues going on. Weekend national tv games won't happen until janurary at the earilest once the NFL/colle

I sort of get that argument but most college games are done by 7pm outside of a couple of west coast games and none of those are on ESPN this week. They are showing the same generic college football show on both ESPN and ESPN2. I've also saw MLS game weekend games on ESPN and FS1 at a similar time slot during American football season.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I sort of get that argument but most college games are done by 7pm outside of a couple of west coast games and none of those are on ESPN this week. They are showing the same generic college football show on both ESPN and ESPN2. I've also saw MLS game weekend games on ESPN and FS1 at a similar time slot during American football season.

That's how its always been done. The last time ESPN had the TV deal games on ABC didn't happen until janurary/feburary. Same thing when NBC had the rights.

For MLS National tv games are usually weekend games.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
That's how its always been done. The last time ESPN had the TV deal games on ABC didn't happen until janurary/feburary. Same thing when NBC had the rights.

For MLS National tv games are usually weekend games.

It get it makes sense to do it towards the business end of the season when there is more at stake. Just thought for this one they would have made it a national game, even if it meant moving it during the week.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
It get it makes sense to do it towards the business end of the season when there is more at stake. Just thought for this one they would have made it a national game, even if it meant moving it during the week.

I'm sure it would be on a TV and not streaming if our first home game wasn't scheduled to be on a weekend and the arena had two concerts this week. So it wasn't exactly available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad