Vancouver Canucks prospect awards honor playoff standouts

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
cole_cassels_oshawa_generals.jpg
Photo: Vancouver 2013 third rounder Cole Cassels of the Oshawa Generals played spoiler in the OHL playoffs thanks to solid defensive work on Erie’s Connor McDavid (courtesy of Terry Wilson/OHL Images)

</p>The season ended suddenly and surprisingly for the Canucks at the hands of the Calgary Flames, a team that was not expected to do much of anything this season but whose undervalued prospect depth has quickly proven to be on track and capable. The Canucks on the other hand now find themselves in a transitional phase, with Daniel and Henrik Sedin showing signs of slowing down, but with a strong group of players coming up to bolster an experienced NHL core.… read more

The post Vancouver Canucks prospect awards honor playoff standouts appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Jensen our fastest skater? Corrado underachiever? Stewart overachiever? Breakout player Shinkaruk?

Is there a rule where a player couldnt be named twice? I would put Virtanen in the underachiever and McCann/Cassels again for break out player.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Jensen our fastest skater? Corrado underachiever? Stewart overachiever? Breakout player Shinkaruk?

Is there a rule where a player couldnt be named twice? I would put Virtanen in the underachiever and McCann/Cassels again for break out player.

Can't agree with much with this article....Jensen the fastest skater?....I'd put him more in the 'boom or bust' category....and Frank Corrado as an underachiever?....guy was a fifth rounder who's already well exceeded expectations...not his fault that WD kept him stapled to the press box whenever he came up....outplayed Clendening in Utica imo...and Stewart as our over-achiever?...you gotta be kidding....that award has to go to Alex Grenier, who's definitely overachieved this year in Utica...finally, just goes to show how weak we are in the d-prospect pool....the ink isn't even dry on Subban's contract and already this under-sized d-man is our top prospect....more guesswork than solid research in this article imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad