Vancouver Canucks Look Better This Year - But It is the Same

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Wrong. He's missed 11 out of 51 games and in those 11 games they have 5 wins and 6 losses. No idea what you're on about bub.

yUnGn3c.png

5Pr4UYk.png
That's 5-4-2 Cookie. Fair enough if you just consider OT/Shootout losses as straight losses, but the league doesn't as they still got a point out of those.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
The part that I find weird is the part where people don't feel like it's the same as last year and the year before.

that's because we're good.

Reeeeeeal Gud.

Thinking we aren't terrible doesn't mean thinking we are anything great.

But, I mean... unless we are stuck in some kind of time loop, every year is it's own unique animal? Projecting everything as just endlessly the same feels like a fruitless hyperbolic endeavour and ultimately doesn't seem enjoyable. At least to me.

Like what... did Benning just not want to bargain with Dr. Strange?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
for those of you sad because it looks like the Canucks are not going to get a top 10 pick do not fear it is a mirage there is no improvement. Thanks to the great Elias Pettersson it just looks and feels better.

Here is the Canucks record at the All Star Break over the last 4 years

2015 - Made Playoffs

2016 - 51 games - 52 pts - drafted 5th overall - Oli Joulevi

2017 - 51 games - 52pts - drafted 5th overall - Elias Pettersson

2018 - 52 games - 48 pts - drafted 7th overall - Quinn Hughes

2019 - 51 games - 52 pts - drafting ??????

so as you can see everything fell apart after the All- Star game - when the intensity ramps up and and everyone is fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot and for the teams out of the running a job

Did the Canucks lose in those years because intensity ramped up, or because they were a rebuilding team that simply got decimated by key injuries and didn’t have the necessary depth to stay afloat?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Thinking we aren't terrible doesn't mean thinking we are anything great.

But, I mean... unless we are stuck in some kind of time loop, every year is it's own unique animal? Projecting everything as just endlessly the same feels like a fruitless hyperbolic endeavour and ultimately doesn't seem enjoyable. At least to me.

Like what... did Benning just not want to bargain with Dr. Strange?

Teeheehee, sorry I forgot the sarcasm face but...yeah you know what I mean.

If the doc wants to turn the team around he'd use the eye to turn time back to before Benning was hired and warn everyone of what is to come. Or maybe he already did that and Benning was hired anyways, who knows lol.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I don't get these..'If it wasn't for Markstrom (or EP) we would suck..?..'......Last time I looked, they played for the Canucks..Were no different than other teams in the league..take price off of the Habs,or Kane off of the Hawks..?

What a misrepresentation of the actual arguments being made.

If it wasn't for extremely unsustainable play the canucks wouldn't be in the position they are in. Unless you think that having a 27% shooting percentage player and a .939 save percentage in 2 months is somehow sustainable.

You are either doing this by accident or on purpose at this point.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012

If it wasn't for extremely unsustainable play the canucks wouldn't be in the position they are in. Unless you think that having a 27% shooting percentage player and a .939 save percentage in 2 months is somehow sustainable.

We both know the answer to that

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Yeah, this team is pretty much the same as a team overall, because they literally brought back the exact same f***ing D core. I disagree with this decision 100%, but then I didnt want them to mortgage future to acquire a big name D nor I want them to signed one in FA.
The difference is that our young players are taking over the leadership and are able to replace Sedins 60 pts each production. That’s a thumbs up that no one can argue.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Yeah, this team is pretty much the same as a team overall, because they literally brought back the exact same ****ing D core.
The difference is that our young players are taking over the leadership and are able to replace Sedins 60 pts each production. That’s a thumbs up that no one can argue.
Well said, fully agreed.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Funny really..you've been bleating about this for over a month..and they kept winning....

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Canucks have snuck under a lot of teams radars this season. They won't have that luxury next year.

Not an insurmountable hill to climb by any means..... but they definitely have to improve on being game ready and quit sleep walking the first period.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Funny really..you've been bleating about this for over a month..and they kept winning....

If I actually cared I'd hold you to your ridiculous opinions.
Do you want to bet on a such an unsustainable run to be sustainable? Are you nuts?

I don't think you are. I think you just think you like to play contrarian to people who don't like Benning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad