Proposal: Vancouver Canucks-Chicago Blackhawks: "The George Costanza deal."

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Vancouver Canucks-Chicago Blackhawks: "The George Costanza deal."

To Vancouver: Jordin Tootoo

To Chicago: A bucket of Chicken. :p (or a 5th/6th round pick).

Chicago clears cap space and gets rid of a guy that they aren't really using, while the Canucks get a replacement for Dorsett (i.e. a guy that can stick up for his teammates).

A guy like Tootoo will help keep opposing players honest, and will prevent them from taking liberties with kids like Boeser.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver Canucks-Chicago Blackhawks: "The George Costanza deal."

To Vancouver: Jordin Tootoo

To Chicago: A bucket of Chicken. :p (or a 5th/6th round pick).

Chicago clears cap space and gets rid of a guy that they aren't really using, while the Canucks get a replacement for Dorsett (i.e. a guy that can stick up for his teammates).

A guy like Tootoo will help keep opposing players honest, and will prevent them from taking liberties with kids like Boeser.
Explain how Chicago is clearing cap space when he is playing in Rockford and his contract is $700k...

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'm good.

I've got nothing against Tootoo but I think we could find a better fit in someone that can play better hockey. Our problem with losing Dorsett is inconsistant physical play with him, and/or Gudbranson, out of the line up. We need someone that can play proper defensive hockey, not someone to be cycled in and out of the lineup.

Also, bonus points if we can get someone that can take the puck away and break out into a breakaway or a 2-on-1 with Sutter, in addition to his defensive play.

Reactions: Bovinder Horvatji

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You can only bury up to $950k of any contract in the minors, the rest of the contract still counts against the cap

Any player making less than $950k AAV can be buried completely in the AHL
actually its 1.025 million, not 925k

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Tootoo was placed on, and cleared from, waivers. Vancouver had there chance to get him for nothing. They weren't interested in. No team was.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
This is the worst trade I've ever seen

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Yes we lose some toughness without Dorsett, but there's several guys with some grit. Bo isn't exactly Joey Kocur but he's not gonna back down. and if we're really that desperate we'll just call up Labate.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
If the Canucks are giving up assets, I'd rather they target Shaw in MTL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad