GDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins 7pm - Nesn + 98.5. YOU HAVE NO HEART

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Very sorry to say that but it might be time to look for a replacement for #22 :(

BRobins3.jpg

Bobby is waiting in the wings

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Great effort all around. Tuukka had a great game tonight.

Thursday and Saturday are gonna be crazy games...5 rookie D? My...

That's a great thing to happen. Playing St-Louis without Chara will give high responsability too the young guys and will be a pretty good indicator of what might or not happen at the trade deadline. I think it's a pretty good thing for the staff.

Makes a big difference on trade deadline if the guys handle or fail against a contender without Chara.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Always love beating the Canuckle-heads. Really solid all-around game by the Bruins. Everyone was contributing really except for the 4th line. Fixing the 4th line is going to be a bit of an easier fix than say if we had outright holes on the 1st-3rd lines.

It's good to see our young defensemen stepping up as well. In a way, Chara leaving early is a blessing in disguise as we get to see what the young'uns can do without the Rock, protecting the blue line. It gives Chia some valuable evaluation time.

I think it will be a lot easier to find a replacement for Thornton than it would be to do major patching of the top 3 lines. And of course the Luongo chants classic! LOL

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
"The Canucks will let Boston win one game that way they can lift the Cup in Vancouver."

Never had a playoff series victory been so sweet. :laugh:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
No Robins

Yes, Robins. As someone who has watched him play he's a legit replacement. He can actually play the game and isn't some goon knuckle dragger. You'll recall him giving a good beating to Quaider. :laugh:

Always sticks up for his teammates. Very intelligent. I suggest you read his blog. He may not win all his fights. But he'll never back down. The guy has paid his dues. If you want to replace Thorty, he's the guy you do it with.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Yes, Robins. As someone who has watched him play he's a legit replacement. He can actually play the game and isn't some goon knuckle dragger. You'll recall him giving a good beating to Quaider. :laugh:

Always sticks up for his teammates. Very intelligent. I suggest you read his blog. He may not win all his fights. But he'll never back down. The guy has paid his dues. If you want to replace Thorty, he's the guy you do it with.

We have enough talented players in the organization that I'd rather replace Thornton (now and in the future) with a player who is better at hockey than Robins without taking fighting into consideration at all.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i honestly cant wait to see how this d plays without chara.

great games again by bart boychuk and miller.

soderberg is a different player at center.

great pass by z on the iggy goal.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Or find another Paille type if possible who could make that 4th line a bit more dangerous offensively while being strong defensively.

Not sure there needs to be a scrapper on that line, I mean really, has the presence of Thornton EVER been a deterrent for opponents to take a liberty or two with a Bruin?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

If all is true, I have to ask with respect, not to argue, if he is that kind of player, why is it he`s played in precisely 0 NHL games for someone, anyone???

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
If all is true, I have to ask with respect, not to argue, if he is that kind of player, why is it he`s played in precisely 0 NHL games for someone, anyone???

Robins is a great guy who has worked very, very hard to make himself into a decent AHL player. He could possibly fill in on the Bruins roster for a game or two but I don't see him making this team permanently. Maybe, if he's lucky, he could get a spot on a bottom-feeder.

Nothing against him. As I said, he's a great guy and a good teammate. He's an AHLer, which isn't a bad thing to be.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Robins is a great guy who has worked very, very hard to make himself into a decent AHL player. He could possibly fill in on the Bruins roster for a game or two but I don't see him making this team permanently. Maybe, if he's lucky, he could get a spot on a bottom-feeder.

Nothing against him. As I said, he's a great guy and a good teammate. He's an AHLer, which isn't a bad thing to be.

Thx, disclaimer, I`ve never seen him play, I`m just not a believer that because Thorty drops them, if replaced, it has to be a player in the same ilk and when I look at his career, it tells me this guy, for as great as a teammate is, has not been able to earn an NHL pay cheque in a league with 30 teams, some who have a few boneheads who have never taken or given a solid pass.

Not against him coming up, I just see Chia moving more in the direction of a guy for that 4th line who plays gritty, but maybe isn`t a scrapper and has enough speed to keep up with the play

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Well, this explains a bit Being a dad of twins myself, I understand.......

Bruins’ Johnny Boychuk hits hard in win

Johnny Boychuk is the father of twin girls. This is usually the source of worry and irritability. Especially when the daughters are less than a month old.
On Tuesday afternoon, the girls needed their father’s attention. It was the window in which Boychuk usually takes his pregame nap.

Several hours later, Boychuk inflicted the frustration of his shortened sleep therapy upon the Canucks.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ts-hard-win/UJYbt5wj1LPZ0OaBOXLSOK/story.html

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Johnny Boychuk is the father of twin girls. This is usually the source of worry and irritability. Especially when the daughters are less than a month old.
On Tuesday afternoon, the girls needed their father’s attention. It was the window in which Boychuk usually takes his pregame nap.

Several hours later, Boychuk inflicted the frustration of his shortened sleep therapy upon the Canucks.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ts-hard-win/UJYbt5wj1LPZ0OaBOXLSOK/story.html

Booth in particular, man did JB have the hate for him last night:)

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I feel for him. The entire first year with twins, all you're trying to do is survive....

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Always love beating the Canuckle-heads. Really solid all-around game by the Bruins. Everyone was contributing really except for the 4th line. Fixing the 4th line is going to be a bit of an easier fix than say if we had outright holes on the 1st-3rd lines.

It's good to see our young defensemen stepping up as well. In a way, Chara leaving early is a blessing in disguise as we get to see what the young'uns can do without the Rock, protecting the blue line. It gives Chia some valuable evaluation time.

I think it will be a lot easier to find a replacement for Thornton than it would be to do major patching of the top 3 lines. And of course the Luongo chants classic! LOL

Didn't 4th liner Daniel Paille score a huge goal last night?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Thx, disclaimer, I`ve never seen him play, I`m just not a believer that because Thorty drops them, if replaced, it has to be a player in the same ilk and when I look at his career, it tells me this guy, for as great as a teammate is, has not been able to earn an NHL pay cheque in a league with 30 teams, some who have a few boneheads who have never taken or given a solid pass.

Not against him coming up, I just see Chia moving more in the direction of a guy for that 4th line who plays gritty, but maybe isn`t a scrapper and has enough speed to keep up with the play

I like Robins a lot but I want a fourth liner who wins his fights and can play a bit. The keys being in order-Win fights then can play a bit.

Fourth line right wing will play 5-10 minutes a night, I want a new type enforcer. what Thornton was a couple years ago. Sadly that isn't Robins, he loses too much and his skill level is below average. If you get a guy with Robins level talent he needs to win and be enthusiastic about his roll.

I don't want another Paille or Campbell, both of whom I like a lot, I want a replacement for Thornton, a younger, tougher fighter that can play a bit, they really aren't that hard to find. Deal Caron for a young enforcer, problem solved.

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick

Though there are things that i do not love about his game, he was a monster last night. Everett Mike, can we be friends?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Yep ...just in .

A fun night at the Garden.

Johnny B...WOW...those hits :amazed:

Looch had an excellent game. He and Marchy were making plans together before the game :naughty:.

Johnny B and Danny P were cracking up after that nice goal . It was fun to see.

Marchy had fun. The twins are nervous whenever Brad is on the ice with them. Brad knows it and enjoys himself :laugh:

I don't usually like it when the fans mock the other goalie but Bobby Lou deserved it Could you hear how loud it was ?

Johnny had one of his best games last night and of course I was thrilled that Danny got another goal.

Don't worry we heard you guys loud & clear when you were mocking Luongo :yo:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

probably also didn't help that kellen lain hit him in a vulnerable spot and sent him flying into the boards. booth was trying to show torts that he has some sack, but he should worry about trying to score a goal or two much more given his paycheck. seems like he was never the same after mike richards cheapshotted him. JB smoked him good with that hit.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I think the girls should get Daddy up early before every game, it did wonders for him last night :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->