News Article: Vancouver Canucks and Mckenzie's List

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I'm just getting that gut feeling the flames don't pass on Ritchie or maybe i have to poop.

:laugh: It might be poop, the talking heads here (who are also mostly composed of poop) think ideally they'll go centre again. When you consider the terribleness of their D prospect pool (and actual NHL D core), I don't see any way they don't take Ekblad (if the draft goes Sam, Sam, LD) or whichever centre is left if the draft goes the other way.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Nothing wrong with having Richie and Zassian on the same line even. Did Kevin Stevens ever play together with Tocchet? Our own Legion of Doom lite?? Tanev shink and #6 is too much in my opinion. Shink and 6th I would do for sure.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Having a PWF on each of your top two lines would be fantastic,I don't know why the Nylander/Ehlers boosters don't see this.We play against a lot of heavy teams in our division and conference and need skill players who can power through them,not a team of 160 lb danglers who stickhandle around the perimeter.

If the NHL actually started calling obstruction and interference again and we played in the old Southeast division then Nylander/Ehlers would be super exciting prospects but the reality is we need some big,powerful guys to get it done in our conference.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
would be perfectly happy with ritchie, and i don't think his inclusion on the team would not make kassian redundant at all

he has the same question marks that seem to get planted to every power forward prospect nowadays (ie will he work hard enough to be in shape? will his game translate to the pros? is he the next kyle beach???) but i can't see any major red flags that make him a risky pick

LolClarkson*

would be perfectly happy with ritchie, and i don't think his inclusion on the team would not make kassian redundant at all

he has the same question marks that seem to get planted to every power forward prospect nowadays (ie will he work hard enough to be in shape? will his game translate to the pros? is he the next kyle beach???) but i can't see any major red flags that make him a risky pick

We don't need lumbering inconsistent forwards.

hackey

Oh Did I Offend You
Aug 18, 2003
That's Too Bad
Visit site
Nothing wrong with having Richie and Zassian on the same line even. Did Kevin Stevens ever play together with Tocchet? Our own Legion of Doom lite?? Tanev shink and #6 is too much in my opinion. Shink and 6th I would do for sure.

In 5 years from now, would you rather have a potential Joe Sakic type of player in Reinhart
or have a 2nd or 3rd line 20 or 25 goal scorer in Richie?
Exactly.

Every once in a while you have to man up and throw the dice, bet the farm

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
In 5 years from now, would you rather have a potential Joe Sakic type of player in Reinhart
Exactly.

That's pretty impressive how you know both of those guys are going to turn out.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Exactly.

If you're betting the farm it helps to know what you're betting on. Reinhart as Sakic 2.0 sounds like a good way to lose a farm to me. I'd love to hear what makes them so comparable though?? Sakic may have had the best wrist shot ever (debatable i know) so that's 1 box that can't be checked. Can't see Reinhart ever knocking a guy like Stevens on his ass while maintaining puck possession either. They both are from GVA and have high hockey iq??? Anything else?

Hi-wayman

Feb 28, 2002
Surrey
Visit site
I'm still intrigued by Virtanen at #7 right behind Richie at #6. Much younger than Richie so more chance to continue growing yet he is just slightly smaller than Richie already. The added plus is he is a home town boy.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
I'm still intrigued by Virtanen at #7 right behind Richie at #6. Much younger than Richie so more chance to continue growing yet he is just slightly smaller than Richie already. The added plus is he is a home town boy.

youth and current build of virtanen does intrigue me...basically a month away from being draft eligible for 2015 and about 9 months younger than a guy like reinhart

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Exactly.

Make a totally speculative comment then use the word exactly like it made anything you said absolutely true.

Something like this

In 5 years from now, would you rather have a (and lets leave out the word potential since 5 years from now you would hope the player was showing more than just the potential to be what we hope) Lucic/Horton type player in Ritchie
or have a 2nd or 3rd line center in the 20 goal range in Reinhardt (and give up something like Shinkaruk, Tanev and the potential of player like Ritchie in the process)
Exactly.

This decision has little do with manning up or gambling and a lot more to do with using head.

bo2shink*

Exactly.

Lotteries rely on this type of logic.

Can you imagine?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad