Player Discussion Vancouver Canucks #7 Carson Soucy

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I went scrolling through the history and could only find the Wild, and Kraken player discussion for Soucy. So I created a Vancouver Canucks discussion of Soucy, he certainly deserves his own thread.

The Canucks are 19-3-2 with the big stable defenseman is on the roster. Soucy is proving how invaluable he is to the Canucks lineup. Probably our most important defensemen not named Hughes. The big guy has been a rock on the backend, eliminating offensive threats with, strength, smart positioning, and fantastic stick/body checking. Soucy seems to not only be making the safe plays but also the right plays whenever he's on the ice. When Soucy went down to injury the Canucks started to play scambley hockey and the losses started to come, as soon as Soucy came back from injury the Canucks have went on a 4 game winning streak. Two very impressive wins against Vegas and Winnipeg where the Canucks played a very complete game at both ends of the ice, but the defensive side of the game has been superb. I credit a lot of the success to Soucys presence in the lineup. When he is rostered the Canucks seem to relax and play a more controlled game, I firmly believe he calms this team down. Just an amazing free agent signing and a huge part of the Canucks success this season. Now if only he could stay healthy.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I liked the signing on various levels.
RHD, every team looks for those
SIZE, the Canucks were the tiniest "D" corp in the league and age.
With a very very good contract.

IMO he ADDs to the group as all of them should. That there are some stats that stand out that's great but there are stats for everyone.

I really like the Vancouver defence size for now.
Winnipeg showed how large forwards can win board battles and puck retrieval even when they are not playing very good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad