Speculation: Vancouver Canucks 2019-20 Projected Lineup

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Quite shocked they put Baertschi on waivers. And especially considering who they kept in favour of him. No reason to keep all 3 of Eriksson, Schaller and Motte. To me, Schaller should have been the first one on the list to go down/on waivers.

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
What the hell is that.

Boeser-Horvat-Pettersson
Miller-Hughes

Pearson-Gaudette-Ferland
Myers-Edler

That’s what it should be
I think there is some logic in having Hughes on the PP2 as QB. We got killed last year because no team feared our PP2 and knew they just had to shut down PP1. This looks like a strong PP2. Though I wouldn't put both Horvat and Ferland on the same unit. I would switch Ferland and Leivo.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014

Green really likes his veterans

Flashback to Boeser sitting for two games in his rookie year

At a loss of words again, this is whacky what the hell, Eriksson over Gaudette? Accepting they waved Biega Baertchi and Goldy, maybe do this:

Ferland Pettersson Boeser
Leivo Horvat Miller
Pearson Gaudette Virtanen
Motte Beagle Sutter
Eriksson

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

I hate Green

Lol, this is absolutely dumb. Not only is Horvat just a better offensive player than Leivo, he's also good at faceoffs whereas Pettersson is an abomination there. Pettersson's gonna lose the majority of those draws and that will be a waste of 20-30 seconds.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Lol, this is absolutely dumb. Not only is Horvat just a better offensive player than Leivo, he's also good at faceoffs whereas Pettersson is an abomination there. Pettersson's gonna lose the majority of those draws and that will be a waste of 20-30 seconds.
Miller took the face off in ore season and was pretty good

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016

A pp is not all about putting the 5 best players together. You need be in a role that plays to your strength. Hawks pp for years they had Shaw on 1st unit and Hossa on the 2nd unit. Miller will be infront of the net. You can say he is about the same level as Horvat in just standing there, Miller is a better passer and puck retriever than Horvat. Canucks want 2 RS, LP there will be Boeser and Leivo in the bumper spot. Horvat might be better on the 2nd pp unit. I rather have Hughes on the 1st unit than Edler.

I guess it might not be to bad with Horvat and Hughes on the 2nd unit, 2010 Canucks pp had Kesler and Ehrhoff on the 2nd unit. The 2nd unit that year was just as good as the first unit.

Miller is around 50% FO in his career so he will he taking most of the draws

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
At a loss of words again, this is whacky what the hell, Eriksson over Gaudette? Accepting they waved Biega Baertchi and Goldy, maybe do this:

Leivo Horvat Miller
Pearson Gaudette Virtanen
Motte Beagle Sutter
Eriksson

With Gaudette as the third line center. You are going to need Horvat and Beagle taking all the Dzone faceoffs. Green wouldn't trust Gaudette taking Dzone faceoffs. If Horvat taking a lot of Dzone faceoffs. His two linemates will be out there as well. A team that is one of the lowest scoring team in the last 4 years. Wouldn't it be better to use your second line more on offence than starting then in Dzone most of the time?

Sutter and Gaudette the difference in offence is very small. Please don't let those college sexy stats trick you into thinking he some elite offensive player. He was 20 plus putting up those College numbers against a lot of younger players.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
All the talk about having 3 scoring lines.

Baertschi cut, Gaudette in the press box to start.

Ok.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Edler was actually rly good on the pp last year. They probably want two hard shots from the point.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
I wouldn't mind trying Gaudette on a line with Horvat and Miller if they're not interested in him being our third line centre. Could be a high intensity line.

Gaudette Horvat Miller
Pearson Sutter Virtanen
Motte Beagle Schaller

drop Schaller once Roussell comes back.
My actual preference would be something along the lines of

Pearson Horvat Miller
Roussell (when healthy) Gaudette Virtanen
Motte/Schaller Beagle Sutter

with the Canucks looking to upgrade Pearson over the season to a playmaking winger. But I don't believe the team wants Gaudette having that third line c spot at this point.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Gaudette is better than that entire bottom 6. There's not nearly enough passing ability there without Gaudette and Baertschi. At least Eriksson is being punished.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I can’t handle that drop pass though.

That's not just an Edler thing though. Feels like the Canucks, and really, the entire league have been doing that forever. When in reality, the puck should just be handed to Pettersson to slinky his way into the zone and setup.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
That's not just an Edler thing though. Feels like the Canucks, and really, the entire league have been doing that forever. When in reality, the puck should just be handed to Pettersson to slinky his way into the zone and setup.

Hopefully by 10 games into the year it’ll be Hughes motoring the puck up the ice.

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Isn’t getting much play, but Eriksson starting the season in the press box is a massive shot over the bow to a veteran player. Good to see Green stick it to Loui after the comments made this summer.

Next step is a conditioning stint to Utica. Need to push Loui into wanting to walk away from the contract.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Isn’t getting much play, but Eriksson starting the season in the press box is a massive shot over the bow to a veteran player. Good to see Green stick it to Loui after the comments made this summer.

Next step is a conditioning stint to Utica. Need to push Loui into wanting to walk away from the contract.

Eriksson was a healthy scratch last year already... not sure how this a 'massive shot'?

He'll be back in the lineup with a few weeks like nothing ever happened. Accountability doesn't exist on this team

Reactions: timw33

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Eriksson was a healthy scratch last year already... not sure how this a 'massive shot'?

He'll be back in the lineup with a few weeks like nothing ever happened. Accountability doesn't exist on this team

Yeah, like once during the entire year. Little bit different being in the press Box on opening night.

Loui is being held accountable here. He is likely humiliated right about now.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Yeah, like once during the entire year. Little bit different being in the press Box on opening night.

Loui is being held accountable here. He is likely humiliated right about now.

Wouldn’t being held accountable have meant he was sent down to Utica after his comments and poor camp?

Reactions: timw33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad