Vancouver attendance for Canada-Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentNaslund*

_habsfan9 said:
vancouver has been the worse canadian crowd we have had yet

i think ottawa woulda been a more logical choice to host the tourny

thats the dumbest thing ive heard.

first of all you said Vancouver is the worst Canadian crowd when GM place has sold out 105 games in a row, while Montreal has yet to sell out 105 games in a row. The waiting list for "season tickets" is at 3500 and couting.

You say tell Ottawa to host this competition when infact they have problems even with the most talented team in the NHL, having problems selling out their building. Gimme a damn good reason to let a city host this competition when they cant even get a sellout crowd to see the most talented team play?

Just to let you know, get your facts right before saying b.s. This competition has been sold out since the summer.

Milvesof Brown

Sep 17, 2005
4 pm starts are pathetic, and the game will be ROCKIN tomorrow because people will actually be getting drunk since its new years eve, and a weekend (even though still at 4). not as many people want to get drunk at 4. believe it or not beers = crowd noise. anyways what i am saying is the fans havent been treated yet to a canada game of any importance. new years eve is when you will see real vancouver fans in action, even though the beloved canucks are playing at the same time.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
Red said:
:shakehead I've been to two of the games so far and I'd hardly call it a disgrace. Sorry, but I couldn't find anything to cheer for the last two games considering the refs put me to sleep. We'll see how it is tomorrow, I'm sure it'll be very loud, but this event is drawing huge attendance either way.

The tournament's always going to be more well-received in smaller communities than a big city like Vancouver that has a billion other events going on.

A billion other events to do at 3:30 pm on a holiday and a national televised event and tradition? If vancouver is so busy with things, why bid on this event?

Point is, the event is full, be active and cheer. We have home advantage, make it so.

Misos Milakos*

OilerNut said:
I sometimes wonder if it is quieter because of the building design that it doesn't reflect the sound as much? I don't know... :dunno:

I remember it being a pretty loud place for playoff games the Canucks had in the early 90's. I dont think it's the building, but really I dont care one way or the other.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
I would like say one thing about the audience for this tournament.

You're wonderful. I would prefer live in Canada for ice hockey. we love ice hockey in switzerland, but not enough in my mind. You'll beat all records for spectators in a u20 IIHF.

C O N G R A T U L A L I O N S to all canadians!!

Misos Milakos*

AgentNaslund said:
You say tell Ottawa to host this competition when infact they have problems even with the most talented team in the NHL, having problems selling out their building. Gimme a damn good reason to let a city host this competition when they cant even get a sellout crowd to see the most talented team play?

Ottawa has been traditionally a great supporter of Junior hockey, and would do a good job of hosting it, though I'm not saying they would be a better host than Vancouver.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
If you think they have been quite, I suggest you tune in tonight, when the game is on at a decent time cause it's Saturday, and they are facing a tough opponent. This game is gonna be packed and the crowd is gonna be rocking. I'm willing to bet it's standing room only.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Gnashville said:
Another attendace thread.

Why can't people just watch Hockey and not worry about how many people are in the stands.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this response is partly based on the consistant complaints about how Nashville does not support their team?

This thread wasnt meant to be a discussion about attendance. The OP intended for it to be a shot against Vancouver by mistakenly claiming that Vancouver had failed to sell out this game. The title was edited after he was informed that 16,083 is indeed capacity at the PNE.

However, attendance is a very important factor in determining how successful a team or event are. This will never change, and the topic is as legitimate as anything else.

bubbabalue

Sep 16, 2004
i was at the Switzerland USA game yesterday and the crowd was going nuts, i dont know what you guys were watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad