OT: Vancouver apartments (South Van area)

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
I am moving in April from Coquitlam/Burnaby into the Vancouver area. Anyone have tips on apartments for rent? Tips or warnings. I am not familiar with the area.

Looking for a 1 BR around 900-1000 a month. All I see are basement suites.

Feb 28, 2007
B.C.
Not really an apartment tip, but I used to live in the area and I loved all the awesome restaurants on Fraser St. between 41st and 51st.

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
Not really an apartment tip, but I used to live in the area and I loved all the awesome restaurants on Fraser St. between 41st and 51st.
Same. I'm living in that area right now and there are a few quality restaurants that I particularly enjoy. Samurai Sushi and Church's Chicken come to mind as well as Deer Garden and Bubble World...

Feb 28, 2007
B.C.
Same. I'm living in that area right now and there are a few quality restaurants that I particularly enjoy. Samurai Sushi and Church's Chicken come to mind as well as Deer Garden and Bubble World...

You have got to check out Al Wattan if you havent been thre. Amazing and dirt cheap Indian food. Try the lamb karahi.

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
You have got to check out Al Wattan if you havent been thre. Amazing and dirt cheap Indian food. Try the lamb karahi.
Y'know what's weird.. I've lived here all my life and not once have I ever stepped foot into any Indian restaurant ever.. I'm not racist or anything but I just never did.

Ooo and there's a Breka Coffee Shop there too that's 24 hours that I love going to for studying or just to do some homework.

Feb 28, 2007
B.C.
Y'know what's weird.. I've lived here all my life and not once have I ever stepped foot into any Indian restaurant ever.. I'm not racist or anything but I just never did.

Ooo and there's a Breka Coffee Shop there too that's 24 hours that I love going to for studying or just to do some homework.

Breka is awesome. I loved that place.

Seriously though, go to Al Wattan. Awesome family-run business with great food. Unless you're allergic to flavour, you won't regret it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->