GDT: VANCAR - Afternoon Autoloss

Tryamw

Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Not a shot at Vancouver. Vancouver Big Beautiful Hockey town
Raleigh NC Small Charming Southern town...

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I refuse to get into the officiating. They're going to get power plays. We're going to get power plays. It's going to end up being a non-factor.

What *is* a factor is the absolute ineptitude on display by Carolina. You don't get a lot of calls playing like we're playing right now. We're soft, we're chasing the play, we can't complete a simple controlled breakout, we haven't even challenged their rookie goalie.

This is utterly embarrassing, and screw Tripp for trying to make it sound like it's better than Friday. There's been zero difference. We're getting beat in every aspect of hockey than can be measured.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Not sure what replays they are showing on TV but the penalties on us tonight have been legit. Definitely should have been a couple the other way as well. But damn we are just going through the motions again.

There is something fundamentally broken with the leadership of this team this year.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I know this much, I couldn't look Julien Gauthier in the eye and tell him he didn't have a spot on this team, knowing that Haula, Nino and Dzingle are dressing pretty much every night. If I'm Gauthier, I'm seething right now.
It's amazing the Checkers are surging now given how the Borg basically wrote off all of them for earning a spot on the team this season with their multiple swing and miss acquisitions this offseason. At least they don't sulk like some of the players on the NHL squad.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Not sure what replays they are showing on TV but the penalties on us tonight have been legit. Definitely should have been a couple the other way as well. But damn we are just going through the motions again.

There is something fundamentally broken with the leadership of this team this year.
At least from where I am in the stands the Haula call was iffy for my angle. But still doesn't change the fact that the boarding, the stick literally ripped out of our guys hands, and all the holding on Aho in that kill would require both officials to be Ray Charles to not see.

But yeah there's no question we're doing another turd in the punch bowl yet again tonight.

And look, first time they actually go to the net something good happens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->