GDT: VANCAR - Afternoon Autoloss

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Had to turn it off right after the Pesce injury. Has there been any update yet?
Pesce got stitched up and returned like the crazy mfer he is. He almost set up Turbo for the game winner in overtime.

On the other hand Wallmark got his head smacked into the glass by Myers and did not return.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Williams scores game-deciding goal in shootout

by Michael Smith @MSmithCanes / CarolinaHurricanes.com
Terrible" was the assessment of the Hurricanes' performance against Vegas on Friday, coming off an extended layoff.
The Canes knew they had to be better, and better they were two days later against the Canucks.
"That was a pretty solid 60-minute effort. It didn't feel like there were any lulls in there," head coach Rod Brind'Amour said. "I thought we were pretty competitive throughout the whole game."
As was the case in mid-December, the Canes and Canucks played a tight game that couldn't be settled in regulation. Overtime was scintillating, and Williams once again teamed up with James Reimer to seal the deal in the shootout.
"Good battle," Reimer said. "It was good that we got the win. I think we deserved it. We worked hard for it. Feels good."
A better ending for Justin Williams' season debut could not have been scripted. The veteran forward, jumping back into game action after missing the first three-and-a-half months of the season, scored the game-deciding goal in a shootout that dragged into the eighth round.
Two weeks later, Williams was tabbed as the Canes' third shooter. Why? Easy.
"He's a pretty clutch guy," Brind'Amour smiled.
Williams snapped off a shot that beat Thatcher Demko, and the pressure shifted back down the ice to Reimer to come up with a save on Bo Horvat.
He's turning into quite a jerk," Reimer joked of Williams. "No, that's awesome. You want a chance to win the game."
Reimer denied Horvat's bid to extend the shootout, sealing the Canes' fourth shootout win in four tries this season.
A thing of beauty for Svechnikov's 20th goal of the season, which, at the time, gave the Hurricanes a 3-2 advantage in the third period.
"He's got that ability. That's the unique talent he possesses as a game-changing player," Brind'Amour said. "He basically goes end-to-end. I don't know how many players can do it like that. … The finish, that's special."
Svechnikov is just the second player in team (since relocation) history to reach the 20-goal mark in each of his first two NHL seasons, joining Sebastian Aho and Jeff Skinner.
Recap: Canes Top Canucks in Shootout

Reactions: Tryamw

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
They’ve scored multiple goals in 3 shootouts. They struggled to get any for about 7 or 8 years there.

This is what's nuts about the turnaround in the shootout. We were *down* 1-0 after the first round. Normally, that's game over, even for teams that are historically good in these things. I'm 99 percent certain we have never scored two and allowed none in the final two rounds to win a shootout.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
This is what's nuts about the turnaround in the shootout. We were *down* 1-0 after the first round. Normally, that's game over, even for teams that are historically good in these things. I'm 99 percent certain we have never scored two and allowed none in the final two rounds to win a shootout.

Probably not. Looks like the NYI shootout goal for Williams was his first as a Canes since 2006. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that’s the longest time between shootout goals for a player for one team.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->