Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Vasili Podkolzin signs ELC with the Canucks (3 years, $925k AAV)

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I have Beagle on the 5th line next year. Hawrlryuk has impressed me, and Motte is ready for the 3rd line.
Podkolzin with Motte or Hawrlyuk will be dope.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I like Pod but over 40 points is really generous. There will be an obvious adjustment both on and off the ice for him in year 1

Fair, but I disagree. Call my prediction bold if you’d like, but I mean, Hoglander was on pace for over 40 this year... Who saw that coming?

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Fair, but I disagree. Call my prediction bold if you’d like, but I mean, Hoglander was on pace for over 40 this year... Who saw that coming?

He was on pace for less than 40 but I agree that nobody saw Hoglander performing as well as he did. Just hate to see rookies have these high expectations.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Well leading ones team in playoff scoring from the 4th line seems pretty relevant to me.

those ska idiots decides is a good move to bench in early in round 2 only to see their fall behind 3 games to Zero, they insert him back into the lineup proceed to win the next 2 games podzilla drags the series to 6 games, imagine If they didn’t reduce his ice time in the 1st 3 games.

WELCOME TO VANCOVID!

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He's an interesting prospect. Never put up big numbers anywhere, but the eye test tells you he should. Hopefully it works well for Vancouver, they deserve a break (and a better GM)

And the eye test would be analytics/advanced stats yes? (kidding)

I hope i'm wrong but, i don't see him as a top 6 forward in the NHL, 3rd liner tops.
(but, i assume that top 6 role, is the the role Canucks organization is going to give him from the get go)

Good hard worker, good character, a grinder type with bizarre skating style, one of the slowest muffin shots ever
and who gets lost too often in the offensive zone, should be good in his own end thou.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I would love to have the Canucks acquire a forward or two that would allow them to run something like the following;

Hoglander - Pettersson - Boeser
X - Miller - Podkolzin
Pearson - Horvat - X
Crappy 4th line

This way you run each of your top 3 lines around 16-18 minutes per night, split pretty equally and only have to play your 4th line around 6 to 10 minutes per night.

This would be awful, Horvat should be stapled to the 2nd line, guy has been a trooper through all of this crap, were not demoting him in the name of balance.

Reactions: Szechwan

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
And the eye test would be analytics/advanced stats yes? (kidding)

I hope i'm wrong but, i don't see him as a top 6 forward in the NHL, 3rd liner tops.
(but, i assume that top 6 role, is the the role Canucks organization is going to give him from the get go)

Good hard worker, good character, a grinder type with bizarre skating style, one of the slowest muffin shots ever
and who gets lost too often in the offensive zone, should be good in his own end thou.
Yeah...I would guess middle 6 forward at peak. Maybe 15 goals. He seems the kind of player every contending team needs for a depth forward.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Excited to see what this kid is capable of. I don't think any are expecting a 1RW, but Hymen type complimentary player would be a great outcome. His compete, strength along the boards and puck distribution skills will make for a great support player.

I would love to have the Canucks acquire a forward or two that would allow them to run something like the following;

Hoglander - Pettersson - Boeser
X - Miller - Podkolzin
Pearson - Horvat - X
Crappy 4th line

This way you run each of your top 3 lines around 16-18 minutes per night, split pretty equally and only have to play your 4th line around 6 to 10 minutes per night.
Thank god you're not in charge then. Miller is an elite player when on the wing, and when shifted to the center is pretty mediocre. Look at his stats between the two positions, they're night and day.

The added depth is not worth the trade off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad