Proposal: (VAN/TOR) Jett Woo, Brendan Leipsic for Andreas Johnsson and Justin Holl

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Ultimately TOR needs a role player/agitator in their bottom 6. Leipsic is just right.

Holl is a good player and could add depth to VAN. There seems to be a major log jam on TOR's RHD now.

Johnsson is a struggling in a 4th line role but could be good for VAN in a more offensive role. He was a solid player for the Marlies last year and helped the team win the AHL championship.

Woo is the add on to even out this trade.

Toronto already had Leipsic and they gave him up on waivers.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
My dude...

Leipsic himself has accomplished more at the NHL level than Johnsson. Nobody really cares what he did in the AHL on stacked, veteran, overpaid Marlie teams.

I wouldn’t trade Leipsic for Johnsson alone.

Then you’re adding 18 year old Jett Woo just drafted in the 2nd round for AHL fodder. Sorry, I get you’re a Leafs fan who thinks he is trending up, but literally every team in the league has “Holls” that are worth zilch. 26 year old minor league player. Zero value.

This is a bad trade, no other way around it.

Please don't post when you clearly have no knowledge of the topics at hand.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Except Johnsson was an AHL MVP....what has Woo done exactly?
Woo was drafted recently idk how your knocking a kid with years of potential left. Johnson needs to put up or shut up, hes almost 24 and is continuously scratched on the leafs 4th line. I like johnson but he really needs to show up until then Woo is much better for the simple reason that hes still a prospect with potential.

Reactions: Pia8988

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
This is still a bad trade, the Canucks give up the sole piece of any value for a return that doesn't help them at all. This is why Leafs fans are so reviled by other fanbases. Comparing a 24 year old winger to a freshly drafted barely 18 year old D and asking what hes done in the league. And then claiming that they shouldnt even do us the honor of gifting us such a valuable player. This is insane. How can this fan base lack anything resembling empathy when it comes to these proposals, then act so offended when other teams fanbases tell them they're not in the same ballpark? Every single time.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Canucks say no thank you. We are really thin on D prospects and with guys like Juolevi and Hughes, we need a RHS physical presence/stay at home guy like Woo.

Last edited:
Reactions: THE Green Man

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Woo was drafted recently idk how your knocking a kid with years of potential left. Johnson needs to put up or shut up, hes almost 24 and is continuously scratched on the leafs 4th line. I like johnson but he really needs to show up until then Woo is much better for the simple reason that hes still a prospect with potential.

the kid has only gotten 21 NHL games with limited minutes, and has 3goals/6pts.

how about giving him more than a handful of games? best player in the AHL by a lot last year, and that includes Kapanen and Sparks

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
the kid has only gotten 21 NHL games with limited minutes, and has 3goals/6pts.

how about giving him more than a handful of games? best player in the AHL by a lot last year, and that includes Kapanen and Sparks
i like johnny but common Woo is a legit prospect a good portion of hf leafs wanted him at the draft. Johnny still has to do something. hes getting scratched for guys like ennis for christ sake. Even leivo and kappy who were equal on the depth chart are making more of there time and had similar opportunity. Johnson could have been playing beside matty and lighting it up if he was playing well instead of kappy. Johnson has still a ways to go to have some trade value, this is coming from someone who was pumping johnsons tires all summer and said he was better then kappy.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
If he’s so good then keep him.
We are? Hes definitely better than leipsic by a mile. I would imagine Woo has more value than him at the moment but when AJ gets his chance to play up the lineup he will start producing like a good middle 6 player, kinda like how everyone tried to base Kappy's ceiling off of his first stints on the 4th line.

Feb 24, 2017
We are? Hes definitely better than leipsic by a mile. I would imagine Woo has more value than him at the moment but when AJ gets his chance to play up the lineup he will start producing like a good middle 6 player, kinda like how everyone tried to base Kappy's ceiling off of his first stints on the 4th line.
Who is Kappy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad